Easy Office

How was CA Final May 18 audit paper?

Page no : 3

DIPANKAR KATHAIT (job) (147 Points)
Replied 06 May 2018

SFM was far better than today's paper.

manoj (gandhi ground) (121 Points)
Replied 06 May 2018

paper was ok ok not tough side not on very easy side but audit number nai aate marking is very hard

hitesh arora (student) (40 Points)
Replied 06 May 2018

aaisa lag raha h ki ca  institute old course walo ko pass karna hi ni chahta

2 Like

manoj (gandhi ground) (121 Points)
Replied 06 May 2018

paper was ok ok not tough side not on very easy side but audit number nai aate marking is very hard

Satyajit Kolay (Accountant ) (38 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Nope...... Not at all easy...... Ethics was been splitted & too much q from Bank & personal opinion types.
2 Like

Chintan Gosar (55 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Paper was average. It was not too easy also and not too difficult also. But it was really a lengthy paper. 8 adverse statements wrt non compliance of corporate governance. Does it seem to be an easy question to people ? 😅 Instances of recent changes in IT which an auditor must be aware of ? 😅 Like seriously it was not a total easy paper. So people who are saying very easy. Please recollect what you have written in these questions and what do you think you will get 😅 not demotivating anyone, just motivating to work hard for law because institute is a miser in giving marks in audit. Reality check !!!
5 Like

Aju S (50 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Lets not forget, there was corporate dividend tax in FR.

Aju S (50 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

I think most people claiming it to be easy dont understand how auditing paper works. Questions weren't straightforward like you said. Even tax audit speculation question was unprecedented. And not to mention how ethics got distributed among multiple questions.
2 Like

Rhea (Student CA Final ) (633 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Yeah man, they don't give marks when the questions are to the point and students write straight answers. What can we expect when we're not sure about the answers themselves
1 Like

Rhea (Student CA Final ) (633 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Whether 1(a) was as per SA 510 or 710 ??
1 Like

Mahalakshmi Vasudevan (6 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

I think its a combination of SA 710, 510, 705, 706 & AS 13 (diminution temporary vs permanent). I am not sure though.

Mahalakshmi Vasudevan (6 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

But whatever it is, lets hope the evaluation would be a little better cos there were few very general questions such as changes in IT which auditor should know. There is always a scope for a bookish answer vs a practical answer. That question to me was very practical and also question on establishing audit strategy. You could answer it via SA 300 (the characteristics of engagement wala) or on your words i.e. based on the audit programming chapter. 

Manish Tilwani (CA in progress.) (23 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Yeah..if you have a tough or a lengthy paper in law..it won't affect you much because in law..evaluation is comparatively lenient..I have faced two tough papers of law back to back.. i.e. in may, 2017 and nov, 2017..fortunately I passed both of them. Regarding audit, I can just say that in a tough paper, evaluation is comparatively easier provided we have written something that matches the suggested answer, say at approx 50% to 70%. Rest, I have even seen people whose audit paper was that bad in November, 2016 which was hands down the most unusual and out of the box paper of audit till now and they even scored an exemption then. So not to worry much..!!

2 Like

Manish Tilwani (CA in progress.) (23 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

An advice to all of the students appearing for law tomorrow..may be the paper will be really easy after 2 bouncer papers in last 2 attempts and last 2 bouncer papers of this group..study well and also dont let audit or sfm affect here because if law paper is easy..marking then will be strict..so write all the provisions..quote the sections if you know them..n conclude properly..you can definitely score an exemption if you have good marks in law and that may help you in passing Group 1 in aggregate. In November, 2016..one of my friend had the same situation..whose audit and sfm affected his law paper..and in spite of being an easy paper he could score only 41. So guys..you still have an option to pass group 1 or even score an exemption.

Ram Vishwakarma (Article assistant) (123 Points)
Replied 07 May 2018

Paper was easy 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: