How much should I pay under 234A?

Hi!

I failed to file my ITR for the assessment year 2007-08(FY 2006-07). 

But I still have my form 16 and I have no dues to pay. I am salaried and I only have my TDS to declare. I have no dues to pay as tax.

Deatails as per my form 16:

Total Tax on Taxable Income: 547387
Total Tax deducted at source: 547387

But, when I fill in the ITR form,  I am asked to fill in 234A/B/C. Can anyone help me with the amount I need to pay as fine for late filing the same.

Much appreciate the reply.

Thanks.

Replies (3)

So how much should I pay under Sec 234A?

hello friend, according to me..... you are supposed to file your return before 31.03.2009 as belated return... belated return should be filed within one year from the end of relevant A.Y....i.e. 07-08 in your case.... relating to 234A interest, there is no need to pay interest as your entire tax has already been deducted at source and you have no tax liability.....234A interest is normally calculated as under:  =tax payable*no of months after 31.7.*1%

hi friend, you can now file the return...... no tax liability so no 234a........  some penalty may be levied but you can file the return without problems.....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details