Easy Office
LCI Learning

How many companies shortlised you in placement ???

Page no : 6

Shobhit (Article) (33 Points)
Replied 03 August 2011

Hey Guys.. Lots of new companies are showing in the preplacement talk list of delhi centre.. hope now everyone get shortlisted... cheers.

Vikash Patodia (CA, CS, B.Com) (32 Points)
Replied 03 August 2011

Just 12 Cos in Kolkata so far!!!!!

Is this a joke...........

chintan (practising CA) (229 Points)
Replied 03 August 2011

i put my expected salary as 720000

and the companies which have shortlisted me are all within range 5-5.5 lakhs...

as i have said earlier here.,,,situation is very tough this time around...high passouts coupled with cautious economic environment...double blow..

i had selected 'no transferable post','only in mumbai'

got offer from company who mentioned posting anywhere in India, trasferable-yes...

Dont they read the full profile?? ;(

Hariharan S (Research Analyst) (64 Points)
Replied 03 August 2011

looks like the economic position in US and Europe region is having a big effect on campus this time around.....:/

1 Like

ashish gupta ( student) (1922 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

anybody shortlisted by Nestle India ???

anand (CA ) (101 Points)
Replied 04 August 2011

Originally posted by : Hariharan S

looks like the economic position in US and Europe region is having a big effect on campus this time around.....

True hariharan even bad unemploment data by US today global market plung 3%

George (Chartered Accountant) (649 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

Dont think that campus is the end of every thing. There are lof of Companies waiting outside for you. If you check the job sites you can see that... Moreover Companies may be thinking that this time as the pass percentage is high it is easy to get the required people from off campus itself... By the way which is the last day for companies to register?Or already over? Last time on the last two days of campus placements also some new companies came (at Bangalore).
1 Like

CA bezawada ranga (Chartered accountant) (315 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

ICAI just wanted to earn more money not only from companies but also from companies also by imposing more entry fees for corporates.

ICAI  Passes more students with a motto to attract more companies to campus sothat it can earn more money.

But actual thing is diffetrent. Just 15 companies only came for PPT.

But the real one who struggling are the new members opted for campus.

So, number of members shortlisted by companies were lower when compared to previous companies at a record level.

Shashank Agrawal (Management Trainee) (46 Points)
Replied 05 August 2011

hey.. its showing as Start Date to Select Your preference is Aug 06, 2011

in my cmii account..what does this mean???

This means :   You have to select only 5 companies out of you have been shortlisted and that selection will start from 06 aug 2011. ok

Vivek (Educator) (59 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

Hey there is a one tricky doubt..from today the candidates have to select their choice for which they want to give interviews right ??? and if any candidate does not slect 5 companies bcos he/she may have got less than 5 offers then there are chances that in the second round others companies may shortlist him.. SO now the question is

i have got 5 offers but i dont like 2 companies so if i select only 3 companies..are there any chances that other companies may shortlist me in the second round as i have not selected 5 companies ???? i hope u guys getting it... 

A.S.Ram Prasad (CA) (51 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

@ Vivek

Ur logic is correct.However it is subjected to following limitation posted in the advertisement by cmii

New feature added in Campus Placement Programme : Two round of shortlisting by companies: At each of the centre, now companies may shortlist twice.

Step 1: After first round of shortlisting by companies, candidates would mark their consent online.

Step 2: First round of consent date will be closed and now company can see and shortlist the remaining candidates from that particular centre and following data will be visible to company for shortlist.

1. candidate who have not been shortlisted by any company
  2. candidate shortlisted but  have not given consent to any company
  3. candidate has given consent to 1-2 companies

Step 3:  Again the shortlisted candidates in second round can give their consent.

Step 4 : Also second round shortlisting will be restricted to total vacancy * 15 times ie (previous consent + new shortlsitng total =vacancy* 15 times).

So u must be sure that if u choose only 3 out of 5 cos given to you,other cos which didnot shortlisted u would not have filled their slots i.e., no of vacancies*15

ALL THE BEST

A.S.Ram Prasad (CA) (51 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

Hi Guys,

Can some one from bangalore campus let me know whether they were shortlisted by vijaya bank or corporation bank..

pragadeeshkanna (searching) (281 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

frnds,

Any one got selected by PWC chennai? and no company selected me in chennai because i selected only audit firms. Is there any possibility for me getting selected in the second shortlisting? Do I have to attend orientation?

Pavan Bharadwaj (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (353 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

Friends, I cleared my CA final in 4 attempts. But no one short listed upto. Suggest me what to do now?

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA) (2050 Points)
Replied 06 August 2011

Originally posted by : pavan

Friends, I cleared my CA final in 4 attempts. But no one short listed upto. Suggest me what to do now?

I've cleared in 5 attempts & only 2 short listed me...so dont worry, its bound to happen for multi attempters.  Now u have 3 options, which i am aware of -

2nd round of shortlisting, open interview at bigger city and your 2nd preference city...and after that campus is just one of the mode for employment, open market jobs are always available...so hope for the best...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: