GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Caclubuser (Accountant)     10 April 2021

GST registration cancellation for quarterly GSTR-1 filers.

Dear Experts,
I filed my GSTR-1 quarterly for the quarter December, 2020. The total Taxable sales and GST in GSTR-3B for the months from October to December, 2020 is more than that of GSTR-1 for quarter December, 2020. In the GSTR-1 for the said quarter there are two invoices uploaded for the month of December, 2020 but I showed NIL Taxable sales and GST in GSTR-3B for the month December, 2020 for adjustment. Will my GST registration be cancelled as per Rule 21(f) of the CGST Rules?

3 Replies

Poorva Chube

Poorva Chube   12 April 2021

Dear Sir,

Since this error pertains to F.Y. 2020-21, you have time to amend the above mentioned entries in GSTR-1 of subsequent period ( Q4, 2020-21) as the time limit to voluntarily correct the errors is till the due date of GSTR-1 of  September 2021.

Regarding the cancellation of GSTIN as per Rule 21 (f) of the CGST Rules, 2017, there is a rare chance of cancellation as the quantum of error is small. However, in case of persistent material differences noticed by the Dept., you may get a show-cause notice. As far as you have paid the GST liability correctly, there is no issue. However, the recipient will face issue while availing ITC. Thus, it is recommended to amend the relevant invoices at the earliest within the prescribed time limit.

Hope you find this helpful.

Poorva Chube

Poorva Chube   12 April 2021

Dear Sir,

Since this error pertains to F.Y. 2020-21, you have time to amend the above mentioned entries in GSTR-1 of subsequent period ( Q4, 2020-21) as the time limit to voluntarily correct the errors is till the due date of GSTR-1 of  September 2021.

Regarding the cancellation of GSTIN as per Rule 21 (f) of the CGST Rules, 2017, there is a rare chance of cancellation as the quantum of error is small. However, in case of persistent material differences noticed by the Dept., you may get a show-cause notice. As far as you have paid the GST liability correctly, there is no issue. However, the recipient will face issue while availing ITC. Thus, it is recommended to amend the relevant invoices at the earliest within the prescribed time limit.

Hope you find this helpful.

Caclubuser

Caclubuser (Accountant)     22 August 2021

Why will the recipient face issue while availing ITC? I uploaded all invoices correctly in GSTR-1 for the Qr. Dec, 20.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags