Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul sharma (article asistant)     13 September 2021

Group Companies Consolidation of Balance sheet

Hi experts

I have a small doubt about consolidation of Balance sheet is that tha consolidated balance sheet whether include stand alone balance sheet of subsidery of subsidery companies
I am trying to express my doubt through example

A parent company have 4 named (A,B,C,D) subsidiary and one of 4 A subsidiary companies have also 3 Subsidiary ( E,F,C)
and E also have 3 Subsidiary.

my doubt is that for the preparation of CFS of A company which companies should be included

13 Replies

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     14 September 2021

As per the companies act, a holding company needs to have 50% above control over a,b,c,d. Then it is a subsidiary.
yasaswi gomes

Https://cleartax.in/s/indian-subsidiary-registration This is a useful resource which will clarify your above query. TXs.
1 Like
Rahul sharma

Rahul sharma (article asistant)     14 September 2021

The above link only for registration of subsidery company

my doubt is only about including of stand-alone balance sheet of subsidery of subsidery companies whether we include of or make a separate note for that
yasaswi gomes

Define group structure first, NCI. Through this you will know what kind of a business combination it is. 

If a,b,c,d are subsidiaries with voting rights and control given to parent, then you will consolidate them.

If parent did not invest directly on a,b,c,d, then, consolidate subsidiary investment+parent investments in assets.

if there is no interest in a,b,c,d by parent, then there is no NCI profits to parent. You can disclose the details. 

1 Like
Rahul sharma

Applause for helping
can you send me any references like a section of companies act or any AS so I can understand in a better way
yasaswi gomes

There is a small fallacy in cfs because it doesn’t mention how to account subsidiary in their separate financial statements. Eg., subsidiary equity is 100₹ and parent purchased 90₹ worth then three transactions will be like

Investment in subsidiary a/c

To Bank a/c

And how many shares you acquired will be updated in equity 

Investment in subsidiary a/c

To Equity capital a/c

this will sort out the dual aspect. If you understood, subsidiary will consolidate only their standalone statements. Parent does not consolidate, consolidates statements of subsidiary. Now what is the treatment of acquiring a subsidiary in standalone statements? No text book defined that, and MCA, ICAI defines that because they don’t like students to learn consolidation with ease so that cheap people can become top level with thi knowledge. 

If you look at AS 1 presentation standard, it doesn’t mention subsidiary purchase transaction but the equity method for associates is published. Cheap material and that is why there is no recognition for a ca because of alcoholics and mentally ill people writing text books.

yasaswi gomes

The second entry is not correct. Sorry. It is not for issuing/ raising capital. Sry.

yasaswi gomes

Lol I meant that is for issuing equity to raise capital. Typo. 

Rahul sharma

Yes, that's why everyone says in their language
1 Like
yasaswi gomes

Thanks for your understanding, etc also meant e,f,c instead of a,b,c,d. My observations are for subsidiary’s subsidiaries. 

1 Like
Rahul sharma

Thanks
yasaswi gomes

https://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/notification/pdf/AS_21.pdf

This is the best I can help yourself u today. Para 13 tells you the cost consolidation procedure. Assets must be added later ne by line

Rahul sharma

Ok Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags