Easy Office

Good books for cracking the CA in first attempt....

Page no : 3

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

I Think The Best Suggestion  For Exams Point of View May Be Given By Latest Cleared Students Instead of Qualified  CA ….

From My Side U May  Refer The Following Books For Theory Subject in PCC/IPCC:

Auditing : VK Agrawal – Pune

Law,Ethics & Communication : - Munish Bhandari – Delhi

Information Technology : Dinesh Madan – Delhi / MK Naik  Kolkata  Along With Study ICAI Mat

Strategic Management : Reliance Scanner Along With ICAI Study MAT

Tax :  Yogendra Bangar / Coaching Notes / VK Singhania

With Best Regards,

Ayush Agrawal

ravi. (article trainee) (424 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

its right Ayush...that the best suggestion can be given by those who has cleared recently, not by those who have cleared CA long 10yrs. back..

To others,

some are talking that module is good..module is good..is it true ?

did they ever refer the modules ?  and pls dont say idiots have joined the profession, whoever has said in this article..

who are you to tell them idiots ?  what if ur son, daughter, any relative or friend join the ca course and thereafter they unable to clear ? everyone has own capacity..

Its good luck of you that you have cleared CA..Its you have got  opportunity given by God that you are CA...

but what abt others who want to be CA..max. to max.. we can help them to grow..

how can we say they are Idiots ?? why we judge any person?

CA kuldeep kothari (own practice) (375 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

dear aayush and ravi let me clear 1 thing i hav nt cleared ca be4 10yrs .i hav suggested books as per my experience . the point ravi made did they refer modules? ans is module is good in few sub. nt in all and we r nt goin to get any favour frm ICAI for what we will suggest module.i and vivek sir n rakecha ji shared our experience if sum 1 likes this thn follow othrwise no 1 is goin to force us. and i think u got mr. rakecha wrong he didn't meant what u r thinking. one thng more if only latest cleared students cn suggest well thn why we go to classes,why shouldn't all of us ask our seniors who hav just cleared the exams how to study n we should take coaching frm thm instead of vinod gupta,t.n manmohan.m. bhandari,padhukax ,praveen sharma ........ experience is sumthng wat we don't hav .we may rankers in b. com or ca but we don't hav the sme experience tht our oldies hav to tackle pressure situation .

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

I am sorry that I could not develop the sense to understand the need of the students.

But what I understand about CA profession is like this :

Here I give Six Sigmas of CA Profession with choice : (tick one which is right) 

1.      Most of ICAI Council members are         Sr. Members/ Junior Members  

2.      Most of the Practising CAs are                Sr. Members/ Junior Members  

3.      The ICAI’s brand is No.2 in world            Sr. Members/ Junior Members  

which is due to                                   

4.      Most of the Suggestions are made by      Sr. Members/ Junior Members  

5.      Most of the Big CA Firms  are Big          Sr. Members/ Junior Members     

because of                                            

6.   Most of the CA papers are set by Sr. Members/ Junior Members 

( I think this 6th point is real Sixth Sense – Specially for CA Students).

( I don’t take it guaranteed that this will remain so in future also. But don’t forget - by that time Young Members will also become Senior Members.  Right now whatever privileges are enjoyed by young CAs are due to Senior Chartered Accountants’ contribution and sacrifice.  If they were  not existing; you could not imagine your existence also. Treat the same like - if your parents were not there; you also could not be here). 

DO NOT FORGET THAT YOU COULD JOIN  CA BECAUSE SOME  SENIORS  HAVE  ACCEPTED YOU AS AN ARTICLED CLERK !

NOW TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ??

If still one cannot understand the importance of Senior Chartered Accountants then really I am idiot that I discuss such matters before those who pretend to be  Genius. 

SOME IMPORTANT POINTS FOR OPEN DISCUSSION  :

1.      Do you know that previously Income-Tax Work was privilege of Advocates ?

2.      Do you know that previously CAs were recognized only for Auditing ?

3.      Do you know that in CA also there is Post Management Degree which has much more value than other MBA Institutes ?

4.      Do you know how many students sit in Post Management Degree of CA ? If new students think them Genius; I say go for it.

5.      Do you know the Brand Value of a Practising CA or a member at Helm after 25 years ?

6.      Do you know what is the future strategy of the Institute ?

For Point No. 6,  I don’t want to discuss here because students are Genius enough to predict.

Although RIGHT NOW they are  in search of Good Books for passing CA Final !

PS : Presently I am faculty at ICAI.  Rest can be referred from my profile.

Also see the profile of one student (registered with caclubindia on 25 02 2009) whose identity is narrated  by himself  as under :

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.

Really Good suggestions for others !! (This meaning is taken from the “angle” developed by him).

Replied 08 February 2010

i agree wid u rakecha ji

Replied 08 February 2010

Its good luck of you that you have cleared CA..Its you have got  opportunity given by God that you are CA...

but what abt others who want to be CA..max. to max.. we can help them to grow..

how can we say they are Idiots ?? why we judge any person?

The purpose of the "forum" is to find ways which books are good so that students can get success in first attempt.

But the discussion went on the other side also where all are not agreed. But I ask one thing : Why majority of students fail in CA Final  where they are good enough in their pattern of studies and selection of book ?

It is not a matter of Good Luck only that student passes. Can anyone say that due to good luck one passed ? I never said that only modules are sufficient. But, if you analytically read the modules; then these are good. In CA course; one should not depend upon one thing. It seems other members of the forum have not read my previous discussion.

Mr. Vivek, continue the discussion......at least for those who have faith on us......please.

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

you think, if there is no book is available in the market, you will depend on the module only....

Padhuka books and ICAI module were replica in many respect....

There are some senior person in the CA club india for helping the students... Never think that they cannot suggest you good methods and ways....

Some of the students are writng a comment against me that Idiot ....What i did the wrong? Finding some time for helping the students,

Replied 08 February 2010

What I mean to say that there is "no fix rule" to get success in CA.

In one of the forum "Bird Eye View..... the discussion went in length and ultimately the purpose was achieved when one student Megha committed herself to prepare herself for the worst if it happens in the examination !

How it would be possible if one stick to only one book ? Padhuka is good but for revision. This I wrote on the basis of the way students generally read it without analysis. 

Further; if all will refer Padhuka; then language of all the students will be same which will never be liked by the examiners. 

They would think - Not a single person who can write in his own language or views ?  That is one of the reason of general marks scored by majority. Do you agree ?

Regarding others comment; we should think only whether we are doing something honestly or not. 

Whether is it not surprising that students want to become a member of the Institute although they blame it many a times. What would you say about such students? Whether the Institute cared for such comments ?  

Please convey your views.

Replied 09 February 2010

Dear Vivek,

When someone says us "idiot" then accept his comment.

Really we are. Why?

Because we pass our time so that students can pass without passing their time. 

Students are not having that much vision that in which sense I wrote "How Many Idiots." If someone takes it upon him; then definitely he is ! It was just a "humour" to add interest in the discussion.

Many times we make silly mistakes in our life. Is it n't true ? What we say to ourselves at that time? "IDIOT."

When I went to see the  moovie " 3 idiots " I saw three friends were also ready to enter in the hall. Smiling I told THREE IDIOTS. Do you think they were angry upon me?

Replied 09 February 2010

no vivek sir n rakhecha sir it's not like tht we all r lucky tht we hav having helping hands like u. if sum1 takes it othr side thn let him do. but u should continue ur good work. i would like to invite other students to com n join the discussion n share thier views.

Replied 09 February 2010

vivek sir n rakecha sir do u thnk books i hav suggested for pcc r good ?

amit jain (Chartered Accountant) (532 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

thank you for such valuable advice

Replied 09 February 2010

thnx

Replied 09 February 2010

sir cn u provide any material for new sebi guidelines n othr law ammendments

Replied 09 February 2010

sir cn u provide any material for new sebi guidelines n othr law ammendments

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: