Easy Office

Good books for cracking the CA in first attempt....

Page no : 5

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 14 February 2010

I WISH TO SHARE MY PERSONAL MESSAGE WITH THE READERS :

Subject : Dear Vivek

I have intentionally made some critical comments; to make the forum live. Ultimately it will lead to development of all. Discussion should go on.....Selection of Books for CA.....

Sent to : CA.vivek.m ACA on 07 February 2010

A HOT DISCUSSION HAS BEEN MADE BY SEVERAL MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM. NOW I COME AGAIN TO THE POINT :

ALL THE BOOKS SUGGESTED BY MR. VIVEK ARE GOOD ONE; NO DOUBT ! HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP THE STUDENTS.

But the intention of the discussion was that students should not rely only on certain books. There are many developments which took place after the students purchase the books. They should regularly update the knowledge. A rankholder scored 43 marks in the Auditing in CA Final. Why ? Because he referred old book and was not aware of the fact that AAS is now SA.

So while referring books suggested by Mr. Vivek; students should keep their eyes open for recent developments. After reading the book; ask yourself whether you are confident in the subject ? Can you start writing the moment question is raised ? If yes, it means your concept is clear. Further; try to understand the importance of the subjects why we are reading the subject - because it is in our syllabus or really we are gaining something out of it.

WE ARE ALSO ON LEARNING PHASE AND IT WILL NEVER END.

THAT IS WHY WHEN A CA STARTS HIS PROFESSION HE IS KNOWN AS PRACTISING CA AND  TILL THE END OF LIFE HE IS KNOWN AS PRACTISING CA.

But I say one thing; I never misguide others and I am writing here only because I was misguided by others in my student life. This point I have explained in one of the forum.

Replied 14 February 2010

Students forgot one point that while suggesting books; Mr. Vivek has already covered a variety of materials which should be referred by the students while preparation.

He never said that only books should be referred or he denied that study materials should not be referred.  

Now I request students to go to first page again.

Wish you all; all the best in your life.

Replied 14 February 2010

(humour)

I thank Mr. Vivek; the Idiot No. 1

-  CA Surendra Kumar Rakhecha - Idiot No. 2

(for details  - refer again full forum; several revisions are required to have in-depth knowledge about the ...................)

And the Idiot No. 3 is .........................the Reader......!!!!!!!!!!! 

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 14 February 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

"Let other keep reading the statistics and become either afraid or pissed-off,meanwhile you coolly study,strategize and win the CA battle,then you can cool the heels and also talk about Statistics! Hehe! -

Mythreya"

My Dear Friend,

Students can score 90+ marks in statistics; but unable to apply it practically in life !

However; we must keep sharing. If it is helpful to 1 person; our purpose of writing is over.

Thankyou sir for your comment.

However, I should point out that the 'Statistics' given by me is not some great analysis,just a common percentage and that too taken from our official site.

Statistics has a use in creating what I call a "Positive Crisis Creation" and can be used effectively.

Whether a person gets 90+ marks or not is immaterial because he/she is still influenced by it.

Example: 3 friends of his describing a girl to be beautiful(despite her not being so);then his perception about the girl changes! And the moment he finds one more person describing the same girl beautiful,then his decision goes in favour of the girl.

Now, the person might know Statistics or not know it.He might know a distribution curve or a bell curve or not know it.He might get 90% or more or fail in the Statistics exams,this is immaterial but Statistics has played a role in his life,in a practical way and maybe ends up proposing the girl! It is influential Statistics in play(and marketing people use it day in and day out in our lives).Rarely we find a few outliers{and it is these outliers(again a statistical term to mean really odd events/people/things which beats the normal trend) who when positive create positive change in societyExample: TN Sheshan,the Erstwhile Election Commisioner.Can anyone tell me his predeccessors or even successors? Not many can remember his predecessors or successors or even know whether such a position existed! He was an outlier despite being in a tight governmental setup.(even negative outliers like say Osama Bin Laden,create some change(negative albeit)}

Though my example seems farcical,the point I try to make is genuine.

One need not be too much stressed about such things and can employ humour too to make a point to students.Students are already so tensed,let them not be stressed out too much by our writings or what we 'share'.Let them enjoy life,study well and succeed in all the exams!

Thankyou for your comments,Sir.They are valuable to students in helping them feel confident.Many have gained benefit from your articles.

Mythreya

Replied 14 February 2010

Dear Mythreya, 

Thanks for your elaborate discussion.

Yours suggestions are in line with the professional attitude.

I commented only on the students' attitude.

See the live example : 

I challenged to predict about the institute's strategy and one CA Final Students say there are 2 lacs students whereas actually  there are 6.20 lacs students.  ( He did not collect data; he presumed !). What is the strategy of the Institute is yet to be known by him. I have already discussed the matter in one of the forum at caclubindia. 

Whatever you presented about the status of members and the students; was supposed to be presented by a student.  

The information could be easily traced out by the students if they regularly update their knowledge. But they are busy in BOOKS only.  That is why I commented critically at the beginning of the forum.

Students are ready to read suggested  materials and books  but they don't analyse the subject matter properly which is the basic requirement of CA qualification.  PCC qualified students think  that we passed just by referring books only so the same tactics will work for CA Final also.  

And this is the reason of  the failure  of majority of students.  

(The purpose of discussion is not to make things difficult; but to make students aware about the peculiarities of the CA Profession). 

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 14 February 2010

Yes Sir, correct.

Students many times dont even study the study materials properly! Leave alone going to ICAI.org site and updating themselves. Many depend heavily on "easy-notes".Atleast, in the CA Final stage(as you suggested),they need to be more professional.

Thankyou for your and clarification and inputs Sir.Students will love your guidance and help always.

Replied 14 February 2010

SEE THE FOLLOWING LINK :

/forum/ca-final-new-course-module-68848.asp

1 Like

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 14 February 2010

Dear Mythreya...

You had eloborated the matter so fine and thank you MR Rakhecha for giving a full insight to the students...

ShreeVidya (student) (141 Points)
Replied 15 February 2010

thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Replied 01 March 2010

Please find the above valuable discussions

1 Like

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 01 March 2010

Dear Vivek & Rakecha Sir ..............

WE ( students) ARE REALLY  LUCKY  TO HAVE SENIOR CA'S LIKE U ALWAYS HELPING STDUENTS......

AND GIVING THEM RIGHT DIRECTION AND USE OF RESOURCES (STUDY MATERIALS)....

ITS REALLY HELPING A LOT 2 MAJORITY OF STUDENTS ( the struggling students who really wanted 2 get pass)......

KINDLY REQUESTING (on behalf of all students )U TO KEEP GIVING SUCH VALUABLE SUGGETIONS.......

AND KEEP ASSISTING US.....................

THANKS & REGARDS,

SANTHOSH.P

CA Reetu Bhandari (Chartered Accountant) (62 Points)
Replied 02 March 2010

I am really thankful to our Dear Sir Surendra And Vivek for such  amazing ideas...Thank u so much..

Replied 02 March 2010

Originally posted by : Reetu

I am really thankful to our Dear Sir Surendra And Vivek for such  amazing ideas...Thank u so much..

yours welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: