Easy Office

Girish Ahuja 13 Module set for direct taxes

Page no : 2

Sushil Garg (Consultancy) (25 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

apni apni choice hai

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Hi friends.., i'm just surprised to see that all of u r fighting wid words and reffering the books u admire,....

Rather, i think everyone has his own perspective, not only the author of every book, but also the student...

Someone may prefer Q-A format, someone may ask for details, someone may ask for practice while someone can ask for crash understanding or important topics or exam related topics, etc....

There's difference between suggesting and ordering...

CA Vivek (CA , CS) (71 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Hi Priya

wanted to tell u that u have made a right choice Girish Ahuja module for DT is a good book either refer that of refer vinod gupta module for clarity of the topic dont go what others are telling just do wat u feel confirtable.

all the best

(Guest)

Hello guys and gals...I just wanted to share my experience not say my choice alone is best...

Girish Ahuja and Ravi Gupta have written 2 book-formats

1. Direct Taxes--Single Book type(It also comes as Volume 1 and 2  I heard)

2. 13 Module set--This 13 Module set has all the ITAT decisions,Relevant SC and HC cases,Amendments included,Lot of practical problems,etc.This is what I have.

Vinod Gupta is also good,provided you takecare of some errors in the book.

Padhukas is also good but it is poorly presented,the paper quality is really worst,lot of mistakes and factual errors are there in it.

VKSinghania is good but too detailed and such tiny letters!! i have to get magnifying glass to read the letters/...but the book si good and if soemone has been using it earlier will find no probs...

TN Manoharan is good if one does not have time...ut these days problems are coming a bit complex and sometimes i feel tn manoharan alone si not enuf.ff.f.f

direct taxes by bangar?? I thought bangar was for indorect taxes!!

but i did look at rahul's reco and went to shopw and saw...one can buy direct taxes compiler by bangar...but for the book girish ahuja 13 module set is best THE BEST according to me...ofcourse opinions will vary....so just my personal opinion guys...dont take it hard....

CA.Tarun Maheshwari (CA, DISA) (7150 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Dear friends, all the books are equally good and all the writers are well known. Instead of getting confused in various writers, better is to buy any writer's book and start study. Income tax is matter of understanding the sections and rules and all writers just explain it. Nobody can change it. You must have a good command over text and understanding of sections and provisions. Then all books will seem good to you. All the best to everybody.

CA.Tarun Maheshwari (CA, DISA) (7150 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

And for CA Final students, I would also suggest that alongwith the help books, also make a habbit of reading the Income tax Act, and interpret the section, and develop your understanding. Sometimes, you may get questions which you will not found anywhere in the books. But if you have read the section, you can interpret the situation at your own, and give comments in exam. This skill can be developed by reading bare acts. And it will also help you lot after completion of CA too. All the very best.

(Guest)

Yes Tarunji you are rite...any buk is gud...incometax bare act is essential.

even in mics..for cyber act in nove 2006 they asked a question which was totally out of perview of the study material,...it had many students stumped and moreover it was a practical question....

definitely direct taxes needs a gud book to start with and my reco is girish ahuja....but i nevr said other buks are a waste....girish ahuja 13 moduel set is most comprehensive and also easy on eye to read...that is whyi said so...

haroon yusuf (student) (63 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

are yaar girish ahuja ka jawab nahi mene bhi unke hi notes se tayyari ki thi paper deker maza aa gaya tha poora ka poora paper ahuja sir ke material se hi aaya tha

rajiv (practice) (31 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

Dear Friends,

Myself CA. RAJIV NAUTIYAL,

My experience as student and a professionsl is that none of the books are complete in all aspects. The only solution is to go for BARE ACTS first and then Select any one of Ahuja, Singhania, or Gupta ,to have practical exposure.

Wishes for value addition readings.

CA Mohd Gouse (Chartered Accountant) (497 Points)
Replied 05 January 2010

i Really DOn't Know when These Students going to Stop The "BOOK WAR" grow up Kids...u PPL are going to be 'PROFESSIONAL" Every now & then i see Students Fighting over the Books to Refer in my Point of  view all Books are Good its how u use them......

(Guest)
Originally posted by : MOHD GOUSE
i Really DOn't Know when These Students going to Stop The "BOOK WAR" grow up Kids...u PPL are going to be 'PROFESSIONAL" Every now & then i see Students Fighting over the Books to Refer in my Point of  view all Books are Good its how u use them......

try going to some "professional CA " and ask him to stop referring one aprticular book and refer another book for hsi prctice afterall all books are good and its how we use them...right? and you will see how he will fight with you...belive me everyone is a KID inside,deep inside and everyone needs confirmation that he is going right....and one who says im "professional" im "adult"..is bltantly lying to fit into social circumstances...hey i'm doing Bsc in psychology by distance education so i know soem psychology...have u heard of transacation analyssis....go read that u will understand...there is nothign wrong in holding to some opinion about soem book..its not a war..it is just an opinion, a personal opinion and unless the person takes it personally or becomes attached to it for life...its ok..so i think its ok to express our opinion on bookss..no need to be prude...

CA Mohd Gouse (Chartered Accountant) (497 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

there is no Harm in expressing  own opinion & i m not blaming anyone personally....my point is that is see more often than not student fighting over the books which that i don't like after all i also expressed my own opinion on it....& we should desist from doing this....anyway have fun........

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rahul
Further you dont have any standing to judge wither Vinod Gupta or Girish Ahuja both are genius in there own domain.

both might be genius but writing books is different...one can play tennis really well but if u ask him to teach it he might not be able to teach it...vinod gupta is good i admit but girish ahuja has written a better book...

and standing?...im the enduser...im a student using the books..i have used many books....and i know....i dont need to be a phd to judge what books are gud for ca finalll....dont get personal...

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

Hi priya, agreed that u've got that common sense of recognising book for urself...

But, as such, its only for u, may be someone can like another book, according to his/her understanding... So, though GIRISH AHUJA is best (according to u).., i think V K SINGHANIA is also best (may be from someone else's perspective)....

So, its not only the authors who have get variance in knowledge, teaching and making things understand.., its we too, our intellectual, concept clarity, way of understanding varies from each other

r sherwin james (article) (38 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

hey priya how much does this girish ahuja modules cost?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: