Filing ITR2 in place of ITR1

I am eligible to file ITR1 (Sugam ! @ #$). However, it seems I have to fill up the document by hand, after printing it in colour.  I prefer to fill in details in computer and then take a printout.

 

Till now, ITR2 comes as a Word doc, acn be printed in B&W (thank God !!). So would very much like to file an ITR2.

 

So can I file ITR2 in place of ITR1, given that I have no other income besides salary and bank interest ?

Replies (3)

no prob, ITR 2 will serve your purpose, but ITR 1 would get faster processing, coz department will not look into it random.

Thanks for the information!!

I dont have any refund. ITR1 is going to go for OCR.

 

I want IT guys to work a bit to manually go through my return and enter data :)

 

no problem you can file ITR - 2, there is no problem

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details