Few study tips for ipcc group 2

Everybody in this world at some point of time(some people - all the time) would have asked ,"Will I be able to finish this thing?". Whenever Ur brain ask this qn ,say to it : "Ofcourse I can!yes I'm having U, buddy!wink Whatelse do I need?cheeky Even now is not too late..I can totally knock this thing off! Provided... I get ur help.Just Save me!crying"

This the last resort! Don't push yourself to this situation. I know how amazingly fast our brain works at the last moment. But admit it we give so mush pressure to it and it becomes really exhausted. Plus CA books even if we just turn the pages, we cannot finish it in a day.

 

So Plan ahead. Stick to it. Be disciplined. Don't give Excuses. Commit yourself.

 

Reference Books:

I would suggest the following books for Group 2:

Adv Accounts - Padhuka (The Best!!!). Try to revise this book thrice. Kinda Difficult...but worth because this paper being the first exam might bring our confidence down. Plus this is the only practical Subject so a great subject for exemption.

Audit: Vikas Oswal or Surbhi Bhansal. Read, read and read....try to remember only the hints. Vikas sir's book is kinda diagrammtic, easy to learn & remember but exhaustive(that's for sure...coz i found many details and contents are missing) Surbhi maam's book is a descripttttttive one but time consuming.

IT: Just reading doesn't help. U have to mug it up!...ya...I'm sorry but u have to. Since qns are direct and are of 2-4 marks, the answers should also be direct! (no stories...'to the point' answers only). This Subject is one of the secret weapons for the institute to give us 39! 

SM: Study material.

Strategic Management(SM)=Study Material(SM)cheeky.

Ignore the irrelevant points after reading the content. Mark the points u think it can be remembered and has value. Try to produce the same.  People who hate doing this , go for Padhuka (I, personally don't recommend Padhuka)

 

 

Other Tips:

 

Some people say just, past 5 attempt papers and Practice Manuals(PM) are enough to clear the group...I don't think so. And I don't want this qn- 'What if the qns that are not in the practice manual come in the exam' to trouble me till I get the Qn paper. 

Moreover the questions in PM are not sequential. They are not related...It will be like, if the first qn is "What is Internetwork processors?' and the second one is 'What is a Hub?, we wouldn't even know that Hub is one of the Internetwork processors.

 

2. Read a chapter exhaustively. If u HAVE to leave something due to time constraint, leave a whole chapter. That is way better than reading all the chapters and leaving some headings. U never know. Sometimes the question paper will contain ALL the questions u have left! U will even start to doubt the paper setter how he could have possibly found it.

 

3. It is hard for ur hands to write fast if u had not held a pen even for signing. So train ur hands from the beginning.

 

 

Replies (2)

Many Congratulations dear Deepika for this wonderful, useful and well presented Article. Keep writing and keep guiding fellow students.

 

Regards

Ankur Garg

Thanx for this article.i almost lost all the hopes that i could clear second group but now I feel that my descion to quit ca is not good.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details