Easy Office
LCI Learning

Exactly 2 months today....sitting unemployed!

Page no : 3

Tony G (Vice President but looking for a different meaning to life)   (251 Points)
Replied 20 September 2011

Abishek Sir, You are right. Students and future members are doomed to suffer cos of ICAI's marketing failure. ICAI is covered on a majority by people of more than age of 50 years and all from practise background who dont know and understand the requirements of new generation CAs and marginally do anything to benefit the future CAs.  Any ways, i can offer you the following suggestions which i would have followed if i had been in your place:

1. If you have a good contacts with your clients for whom you would have done audit or taxation work, Enquire for vacancies in their place and try there

2. If you have good friends doing articles or job in Big 4 (any location), try there. Big 4 has locations in every nook and corner of every states in our country, so there may be a vacancy at any location.

3. If your parents are working in a concern for a long period of time and have established a goodwill in their work arena, try in the same concern using their goodwill.

4.If any of your relatives is working as a HR or as a key person in any concern, use their influence and make a start in the respective concern.(Ya, i know you may feel a bit hesitant to approach any person for a job after passing CA but the thing is that survival matters first than any thing. So we have to do things which favor us at the moment for the purpose of survival).

All the Best

1 Like

CA Dinesh (CA) (91 Points)
Replied 20 September 2011

Hi frds, Thanks for ur posts. I want many of the CA freshers who r still jobless to post their feelings here.

Let the ICAI come to know what their new coming family members in ICAi are facing in the current world.

The situation has come ki many of my Fresh CA friends are working in BPO for their livelihood

shreyas (Trainee) (230 Points)
Replied 21 September 2011

sabar ka fhal mitha hota hai

C.A. Aditi (Finance and Accounts Manager)   (23 Points)

friends u r corect after so mch hardwork we r sittng idle.. is this justifiable???

ashish gupta ( student) (1922 Points)

what was most disappointing is the govt companies participated in campus placement were having the reservations to select among the qualified CAs. What a shame that is.

Every qualified CA is as capable as anyone.

juzer (article) (21 Points)
Replied 22 September 2011

That the truth of the CA,the bubble & hype has busted.

radha (nil) (198 Points)
Replied 24 September 2011

i got a cal yesterday and today i got selected in a FIRM..:):)

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)

@ Radha

Congratulations!!! 

1 Like

C.A. abhishek (ManagementConsultant@KPMG )   (521 Points)

which firm radha can u please tell

U]@$H $H@H (C.A.-Final) (267 Points)
Replied 25 September 2011

friends think what happens when the new rule impliment like CPT exempt for graduates.?????????? coz i also find a person hold distinction in graduate not able to pass c.p.t. after this new rule applicable then value of ca's goes down........

CA Anil Soni (Asst. Manager) (201 Points)
Replied 25 September 2011

it feel very frustrating sitting unemployed at home after becoming a CA.......... because problem is that everyone around family expecting so much from us and we are still not able to fulfill their expectations

sandeepsinghmalhotra (ICAI) (25 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

My all dear Friends

Please dont Loose hope try to update yourself. I have passed in 2009 May I had interest in industry but I was not placed any where Its true that industry dont take freshers and apart from this they dont consider article ship training as experiance and its very true bcoz what we have learnt is the work of practising CA not as employed CA in industry. But I never lost hope I joined Mid size firm their aagain I did hard work and after 8 month I got placed in one of big firm of globe Ernst & Young. But after one year I resigned and now today I am moving to practise with my brother and happy.

So dont worry

You have other option available.

Sandeep S Malhotra

$AcH!n G (Still Running for My Destination)   (1036 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

sandeep i m satisfied with u.

i also have adopted a different field but sometimes i feel that due to family pressure and your relatives become the reason for ur headache. similarly in my case i m fedup with my relatives. they always say that u should do this and not this. wat the f*** . Its my life of i m happy doing smthing wat they need to bother abt it.

i have decided that i will carryon  my choice. and one day when i ll be getting success then they will be Ist one to follow me.

1 Like

V Chandrasekaran (Chartered Accountant) (256 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

what is more painful than unemployment is - Friends are asking me" i am earning 30000 - 40000 pm with B Com and How much you are earning with CA". 

Finally they tell me "Dont Worry Be Happy". 

harsh (nothing) (86 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

I completely agree with Sachin and V Chandrasekaran sir, As first of all jobs are not easily available this time and on this it looks like that relatives have a great tension regarding our life, as they continue to ask what you are doing, where r you working--its shocking!But dont forget choose your own path as "Duniya mai subse barra rog ki mere baare mai kya khanege log!"Work only you like, its yours life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: