Easy Office

Exactly 2 months today....sitting unemployed!

Page no : 2

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 20 September 2011

well friends I can only feel for u but only sympathies and feelings wont provide solution to this . ICAI has to provide solution for this . In another 4 months Fresh batch of CAs will come out what about that .? Again there wud be the same situation. My only worry is that the brand CA acceptance will deplete fast....  ICAi has to understand what is happening down the line. First CA   struggle to qualify and after that struggle for jobs. there has to be end to this .

Earlier when  I was going thru  posts related to CA not geetings Jobs . I thought that only few CAs are not getting jobs But  in reality major chunk of CAs are jobless. This is very disappointing trend . It is high time that measures are taken to curb this otherwise  CA wud go the engineers or graduates way....

Vikash Kharvar (Dy. Manager -F&A) (469 Points)

Dont be hopeless................

All of you will be place in reputed firm with good package ............

One thing i want to share here that after this post and replies for are very disappointing for new qualified CA's as i am also doing hard working for qualifing CA alongwith doing full time Job in a Pvt. Ltd. Co. as a Accounts Manager.

radha (nil) (198 Points)

Hi Abhishek,

Same here..myself and my frnd also in same position..even in small  firms no vacancies..God oly should show some way..

Abishek r u trying in FIRM or INDUSTRY..????

I will pray for u and u also pls pray for me..

1 Like

Hariom (Service) (27 Points)

Problem is that institute is asking fee to co participating in campus....

The minimum salary offer criteria is also the factor for co not participating in campus....

1 Like

CA Dinesh (CA) (91 Points)

Ya true frds the same is with me.

Pls ICAI  atleast now wake up.

While we were students same problems wen we r qualified same problem. Is this a sin we joined for CA course 

Venkatesh (Director) (27 Points)

Dear Friends,

Was going through your posts and wondering are you talking about the same world that am in. Am myself a CA and also Director of a two year old private limited company, based out of Chennai,  engaged in providing a range of services including internal audit, accounting advisory service, consulting, financial advisory, etc.

To bolster our internal audit and accounting advisory service, we have been trying to hire a fresh chartered accountant for the past couple of months, but we are not able to lay our hands on a good candidate. Either the salary expectations are high (generally in the range of 30k - 50k) or the communication skills are below our expectations. As we are still a fledgling firm, we could not afford expensive resources.

Guess the expectations of the freshly qualified candidates have also gone up and they are more keen on the money aspect rather than focussing on learning.

Regards

Venkatesh

1 Like

(Guest)

The main Reason for this lapses in our CA course itself.Not all candidates get an opputunity to do articles in good CA Firms.On top of it Insitute wants us to be an expert in all areas if u compare certain courses of western countries they specialize in one or other field and get trained in same during internship..

The areas or subject in which we are interested we hardly  get to wok in articles.So Articleship become time wasting process.

Atleast an engineering student geting out of Engineering college knws tat wat area he specializes.We don get an oppurtunity to do internship in all areas we study..Wat i want to say ,we don specialize in particular field...Trying to be an expert in All areas & achieve nothing.

I ve seen a guy who has merely done vouching during intership days.Tomorrow he passes CA he will simply ve an wrong feeling of being superior(cos he s a CA) but wat abt practical aspect of work .???

A student should ve a vision and try to internship in the area in which he is intersted ,so at end of the day wen he passes CA,he is sure abt two things1) the service which he can provide and 2)industry where such service is in demand.

2 Like

Ravindra kumar (student) (87 Points)

My all honorable,

Don't be hopless, You wll get good opportunity rather than dummy articles. Be consous and believe  own self, be positive.

Definitely got job in certain time

1 Like

(Guest)

The main Reason for this lapses in our CA course itself.Not all candidates get an opputunity to do articles in good CA Firms.On top of it Insitute wants us to be an expert in all areas if u compare certain courses of western countries they specialize in one or other field and get trained in same during internship..

The areas or subject in which we are interested we hardly  get to wok in articles.So Articleship become time wasting process.

Atleast an engineering student geting out of Engineering college knws tat wat area he specializes.We don get an oppurtunity to do internship in all areas we study..Wat i want to say ,we don specialize in particular field...Trying to be an expert in All areas & achieve nothing.

I ve seen a guy who has merely done vouching during intership days.Tomorrow he passes CA he will simply ve an wrong feeling of being superior(cos he s a CA) but wat abt practical aspect of work .???

A student should ve a vision and try to internship in the area in which he is intersted ,so at end of the day wen he passes CA,he is sure abt two things1) the service which he can provide and 2)industry where such service is in demand.

C.A. abhishek (ManagementConsultant@KPMG )   (521 Points)

Guys the replies tell how many fresh CA's are suffering from the same thing through which i am going....some student mentioned that CACLUBINDIA should do something but whatw ill caclubindia do in this....instead we should thank caclubindia for providing us with such a platform so that we all can share our problems.....i think ICAI should be blamed for this...they have made the entry to the ca profession very easy & this has attracted so many people to this professsion.

When PE-1 was there ICAI had put a filter in the very begiining of the curriculum which only allowed the deserving candidates to continue with the course. But with the introduction of cpt loads & loads people have been attracted of which atleast 50% of the people leave the course by the end of it.

BUt we the so called members cant do anything just keep on watching. ICAI has just become a commercial organisation with the sole aim of MINTING MONEY. The fees they charge from thr companies participating in the campus is soo high that most of the companies refrain from the campus and conduct an off campus recruitmrnt drive.They are just concerned with their profitablity & is not concerned with our future.

We can now just pray for the best & just wish to god that we get placed asap & start working towards our dreams!!

pooja parikh (article assistant) (21 Points)

Forget getting a job, i am not even getting an interview call.....

never thought things would be so difficult..........

CA Manchan Gupta (CA ) (82 Points)

even my situation is d same.... no interview calls..no job.. :(

getting a job seems difficult than clearing the CA Final exam

KM Rajeev (others) (118 Points)

Dear Frineds

I am sharing you a mail I recieved from Mr. Murali ,Chairman Board of Studies yeasterday and my reply to him

Esteemed Friend,

Sub: Communication from Chairman, Board of Studies, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – September, 2011

The Month of August has seen path breaking events happening around us. The importance and efficacy of Professionals with strong values and core competence is imperative. It becomes necessary to infuse our profession with young energetic professionals.

You may have many youngsters in your office or amongst relations and friends who would be contemplating or having a definite liking for doing their Chartered Accountancy Course.  Kindly forward this message to them in the best interest of our profession.  I request you to make an effort to get the bright and talented youngsters into our fold.

Please find enclosed message from Chairman, Board of Studies of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India published in the CA Student journal for the month of September, 2011.

For any further clarification, on the Chartered Accountancy Course, you can contact me at my e – mail id. victorgrace321 @ gmail.com and on my mobile 93810 – 46952 / 98410 – 40010.

Thank you for supporting us in our endeavour to get more and more young talent to join our wonderful CA Course.

With Warm Professional Regards,

Forever, Yours in Service,

CA.V.Murali.

Dear Mr. Murali

I dont know whether you will be reading this or not. But I just want to make a humble point. CA course is no more a very attractive career option. Please take sometime and try to find out what has happened to students who have passed out in the last two attemepts. I know many who are jobless and many are working with a starting pay of 25K. Kindly enquire why the market is flooded with CAs also enquire into why passing CA require no special extra effort or deep knowledge of the subject. This is a general complaint many of us share especially those who have passed out in the last two attempts.

warm regards

Rajeev

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: