E filing intermediary (eri)

I was just going through the My Accounts section in the e-filing portal and I was shocked to see that an ERI was registered as recently as 04/02/2013 in my account. I can see a provision to add CA but I do not see any provision to add an ERI. I can only see a provision to disengage one. What worries me is has the department themselves designated an ERI for me. If not, can I remove the same. What are the repercussions of removing an ERI and does it affect my tax filing for already filed returns. My AY 2012-13 is not yet processed and still in the ITR-V receipt stage. I do not want to do anything that may affect that as I filed these returns and sent the ITR-V myself and not through any intermediary.

Replies (1)

Moreover I received an email from a website of a private limited company that is deceptively similar in name to income tax and they asked me to file my return through them for entire family before March 31, 2013. do I have to do this? I already filed and received acknowledgment for my ITR V. The postal address of the ERI and the Private Limited Company are matching.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details