Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Did i make a mistake joining this ca course

Rajshree (I QUIT ) (36 Points)

06 December 2011  

Hi all,

Kindly advise me whether i made a mistake in joining the CA COURSE..

I took this course after completing MY B.com... As i was doing well in Accounting by scoring centum n all till B.com..

Cleared CPT... Took articles seriously...

Cleared PCC the 3rd attempt with difficult time in office was not able to manage time with studies..

After completing articles concentrated on CA final 

Even after much of concentration lost in 3rd attempt and now waiting for 4th  attempt result..

Don’t know whether I will clear this time..

And am jobless now. from past two years.... sitting at home

frens of mine who have choosen IT, Engineering are earning lacs after completing the exams..

"were i have become incapable of doing anything.." These words are repeatedly indirected by my frens.. relatives n all..

i choosed this profession with zeal of confidence in the beginning but now i feel " Y THE HELL I CHOOSED THIS COURSE"

This Course ruined my life.. i took every aspect with much of sincerity in the course..,

Sometimes by trauma of surroundings.. Even i feel like committing a suicide.. but controlled the difficult times just for my parents..

Have just spelled some of the adversities.. but not the complete..

Now frens tell me whether it is worth this much for this course..

My frens have settled in life..

i dont now whether i will get a job for my survival f that is the state of my life..

13 Replies

CA Raha Sk (Professional) (150 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Hey sree just chill......dr r so many jobs based on pcc qualification tooo.......the moment u clear ur final frens.. relatives n all. ll say tat HE IS A CA NOW.....the ENG,IT all r not eqal with CA Ofcourse dr ve dr own values.But i can surely say tat CA future is better than all dis......hope tat u ll clear dis time ...dont lose ur hope.....smiley

2 Like

CA Yash Khatri (Assistant Manager ) (51 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Rajshree i can really understand your state right now!!! many people will try to motivate you in different ways but if you think practically theres no use finding out whether your decision was wrong cuz u have already completed your articles and given your finals too.. So its basically a sunk cost irrelevant for future decisions!! 

I know it sounds cliche but try and be positive. I suggest you to initiate that by changing your status from jobless to something better!!!

All the Best & God Bless!! smiley

2 Like

Suraj Agarwal (Self Practitioner in Income Tax & GST)   (781 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Hi Rajshree, Well I understand ur stage very well because I also standed at your stage before some time period & I also felt this conclusion of this course. But now I am feeling fresh.........you will ask.........WHY ??

I change my status by joining a private job as per my qualification & continue study its parreral. By Joining a job, I achieved a lot of confidence in my hopeless life.

So be positive & active in your life.

2 Like

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Dear Rajshree,

No need to worry at all and use the phrase like…This Course ruined my life. It happens with everyone. So just face it with brave heart. Student like you are the bright future of profession. You are wise, studious and intelligent. Leaving CA at this point would not be a wise decision.

Believe me this failure is a temporary phase of your life. Clearing CA final is just a matter of time for you.

Study advice:

1. Try and use your previous experience of CPT and IPCC.
  2. Analyse your mistakes w.r.t. previous attempts.
  3. Keep in touch with your friends…do not go for isolated study. Discussion will provide you better grip on the topic and improve your confidence as well.

Further just stick to the basics of study and you will definitely clear all your exams very soon.

All the best

RG

1 Like

Replied 06 December 2011

nice,,, to hear u all

1 Like

Vandana Mulchandani (Finance Manager ) (9227 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Dear Rajshree,

Be positive!! this is what i want to say. Think by putting the status as jobless what are you attracting towards you, so change the status at first. Having a great academics, you can do it. Many of them have  this phase of life. After reaching finals and thinking of quiting is like reaching at the last step and coming downwards. What you need to do is have faith, confidence in yourself and this will achieve your dreams. Analyse your mistakes and also what areas you are good. Share your knowledge with others and you will find sharing helps you to gain more and more knowledge on any topic.  Soon you will find yourself successful....ALL THE BEST ...GOD BLESS YOU.....smiley

1 Like

shivaprakash (CA-Final) (100 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Hey pls dont compare CA with any other course

dont loose hope da, my suggession is to join some company which give at least 1 month leave we cant sit and read for the whole year even read also not sure about how exams will go.

once you get through you will feel why you have joined this course.

1 Like

Replied 06 December 2011

deleted the status "jobless" based on all ur suggestions

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)
Replied 06 December 2011

Originally posted by : Rajshree

deleted the status "jobless" based on all ur suggestions

Rightly suggested and done…when you find things in life a bit shaky…then try and isolate yourself with all possible negative thinking, word and people.

If possible, put…Going to be a CA soon…

1 Like

shivaprakash (CA-Final) (100 Points)
Replied 07 December 2011

so nice, all the best...................................................................

Amaresh (working as freelancer) (42 Points)
Replied 20 December 2012

Dear Rajashree I am also sailing in the same boat as you are but, now I have realised that, in all life is more important than any course in this world. Assume that we dont pass at all, still we have better life ahead. Passing CA alone cannot take our life. There are a lot things to happen in life yet. CA qulification will only help us in getting into high position initially but what matters the most is how we manage our work efficiently there after. Make note that CA is not an end in itself. Its just a means. Make study a way of life instead for the sake of passing exams alone.At the end if you cant clear at all (hope that will never happen) , Keep moving ahead with life. Because finding recognotion with the course will create bondage for life. REMEMBER LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY COURSE:) Just chill:)

Amaresh (working as freelancer) (42 Points)
Replied 12 August 2014

Hi, Just analyse the way you prepared for the exam and most importantly how u presented ur answer in the exam. I had lost my first group in May 2014 recently. I got 180, I was expecting 215 and was very much hopeful to clear this time. It was my 7th attempt. Still both groups are pending. I am still hopeful and am writing both group this time and will clear both. Amaresh
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register