I have decided to share my reply to expert section regarding how to prepare for CA Final in 2 months:
As per my suggestion Preparation for CA Final in just 2-3 months is not an easy task. However it is not impossible. Further CA is a career oriented course so detailed study is very much desired. But when time is short there are few points which may be considered for quick preparation. For this you have to be committed towards your study and goal.
Kindly check following points:
STICK TO THE BASICS OF STUDY-
Preparation of CA final requires lot of energy, planning and time. So if you have short time for preparation than it is recommended to follow the basics of study. Based your study on scanner and prepare frequently asked questions. Avoid preparation of non-important chapters. In short simply go for selective study and avoid unnecessary experiments with your study.
Some of the basics of study are as follows especially when time is short:
1. Follow scanner for preparation and checking the preference of chapters. This will help you to utilize your time in a much better way. Scanner is a compilation of questions asked in previous examinations.
2. Avoid non-imp topics and chapters because there are lots of topics which are totally irrelevant for exam. In fact Study mat itself is full of irrelevant stuff. So develop a sense what is useful for exam purpose and left the other material.
3. Go for selective study as time is short. However for a professional course like CA selective study is not recommended at all. CA is a course which requires lot of time and study to go deep into the provisions and practicalities.
4. Never waste time. Correct utilization of Time is indeed a key to success as we all know the importance of time in professional studies.
One more issue I’d like to raise here is correct utilization of time after exams. Most of the students waste the time available between exams and results. I would advise you to please utilize the time available between exams and results because it is not a short time but it’s a long period of 2-3 months. So I’d request you all to please make proper planning to utilize this time period.
5. Discuss topics with friends for good grip. It is a very good idea to re call provisions in the exam hall.
6. Take advice from CA final experience holder. Trust me their advice can really help you regarding what to prepare and what to skip.
7. Usage of correct books and Notes is also very important to preserve your energy and keep your preparation on the right path.
8. Further it is advisable to go through ICAI study mat quickly because chances of asking questions from study mat has gone up these days.
9. Also make some space for revision also. Ok time is less but that is not an excuse as revision is indispensible part of preparation.
10. You may use the following books for the preparation of CA Final books:
BOOKS FOR CA FINAL
1) Financial Reporting : MP Vijay Kumar / Padhuka
2) Strategic Financial Management : V Pattabi Ram
3) Adv. Auditing & Professional Ethics : Padhuka / vinod K Agwaral
4) Corporate & Allied Laws : Munish Bandhari
5) Adv. Management Accounting: Padhuka
6) Information System control & audit: Dinesh Madan
7) Direct Tax Laws: Padhuka / Singania
8) Indirect Tax Laws: Vandana Bangur
Accounting Standard: DS Rawat / MPV
Auditing Standard: Padhuka
I hope this article help you all in one way or the other. After reading this article you are requested to please share your views.
All the Best