Debit note for gst rate difference

Plant Controller

Hi,

We have charged GST 12% instead of 18% and in the next month we have raised debit note only for the differential amount as per the below example. we are not able to update the this type of details in the GSTR 1.

Can anyone suggest about how to handle to situation please.

For Example

Particulars Invoice @ 12% Invoice @ 18% Debit note
Taxable value 1000 1000 0
GST 120 180 60
Total 1120 1180 60

Thank you.

"Do the Right Thing...!!!"

Give to Revised invoice as per correct value and ament in next GSTR 1 return....

Plant Controller

Dear Mr. Raja,

Thanks for your reply, but the GSTR 1 accepts revised invoice only in the same month. I think no solution yet for these types of debit notes.

Pls. correct me if i am wrong.

GST Certification Course

I too had the same issue.

I have changed the Tax Liability Manually

Please update the Tax Liablity manually and put the Taxabale Value as per the Original Invoice

amend the invoice 

Student CA Final

Yes. Making amendment to the invoice will be the best solution.  

Amedning the invoice will be accepted in the Same month only. In my case Invoice was issued in the Month of Jan 2018 and Debit Note in the month of Feb 2018

Amedning the invoice will be accepted in the Same month only. In my case Invoice was issued in the Month of Jan 2018 and Debit Note in the month of Feb 2018

since debit note is required to issue for amount equal to rate difference we cannot enter taxable value in the debit note..in this scenario one need to issue debit note for zero taxable value and showing tax amount only in a debit note... but the question is will GSTR1 accepts such Debit Note ..In gstr1 we need to enter a taxable value in percentage row and tax computes automatically???????????/ ....I have tried every possibility on this context but no concrete solution found ..anybody please help

Total likes : 1 times

Dear sir, You can try by putting manually taxable value as 0.01 in online portal and gst as 18 under respective head as soon as you put taxable value as 0.01 it will allow you to put 60 in respective head of gst......

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU