Confused about May 2012 IPCC

 

I'm very confused now. I cleared my CPT in July 2011. I was very confident about giving both groups of IPCC in May 2012 until now. But now I'm reconsidering the thought. I have spent the last 9months in my IPCC class learning the portion but never found time to study or revise the portion. Now, I want to know which of the following options makes more sense:

1) Give both groups in may

2) Give the first group in may and the second in nov

3) Give both gropus in nov, hence giving me time to study both groups thoroughly.

I am aiming to get in the BIG 4 and I was told that unless i give both groups together it is not possible, hence option 3. I'm very confused as to what to do now. Someone pls help me ASAP.

Replies (22)

If u want to join in the Big4 then u must hv cleared both groups coz they give preference only to both groups cleared candidates !! But u would also be delaying your final attempt. . so, yes in case u wanna join big4 option 3 is want u should opt.

Thank you so much. I don't mind delaying my final CA attempt. But does utilising 6 more months make more sense?

It does make sense. . but u got to clear it in one shot. Thats de problem. . .Coz if by chance luck is not with u. . then another 6 months would be wasted !!

Oh yes, thank you :) My head feels a lttle more clear now.

 

all that is okay..but what would you say are the most obvious disadvantages of a november attempt?

 

 

archana i think you should give ipcc now only if you are cconfident..after 1st attempt it is really hard to study! tushar would back me up i am sure..

 

I'm saying I'll give the first attempt in november. What say?

Give whenever u feel u r confident and comfortable !!

Yes, but I really need to get my head completely cleared out.

I want to know the pros and cons of giving both groups in may and in nov. And also of giving the groups seperate.

Aiyo. . look. . if u want to join big4 then u must hv cleared both groups. .Can u clear both groups this may?? if yes then gv attempt. . if not . . wait for nov. . study well. . .n clear both groups !! or else write one group now.  clear it. . then write 2nd group in nov. . n then apply in big4, !!

Okay, thank you :) I think I've made up my mind now.

 

As per My Opinion

Give Both Attempt in May 2012 and try to get rank in Final.

Even if you not cleared both IPCC Griups in one attempt then it will not considerable if you get rank in Final.

Be prepare for that..................

All the best my dear Friend........................................

The thing is that i don't wanna wreck both my groups in IPCC. Final, to me,seems a long way away if i don't clear IPCC.

Be Positive.................

In my Opinion you have knowledge to decide your self.............

Just think with cool mind.................

Be Positive.............................................my dear friend..........................

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Continental Belting Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
12 October 2026
AUDIT , ACCOUNTS AND TAXATION

KDSS

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
14 October 2026
Asst. Manager/Dy Manager (Costing)

manufacturing

Pune

CMA

View Details
Company
12 October 2026
Chartered Accountant - Internal Audit

HKC | Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors

Ludhiana

CA

View Details