Claim hra and home loan deductions

Dear Reader, 

I own a house in joint ownership with my father and mother in Mumbai.
We have taken a Home loan for this flat, and I am doing complete repayment. In this house my parents reside with my elder brother and his family.

We have one more flat in the same city, very close to this existing house, which is the name of HUF and father is Karta. 

We were facing space constraints so I shifted with my family to this 2nd house which is in name of Karta. Before I shifted in this house it was rented out and rental income was being received in HUF, accordingly income tax returns were filed.
Now, since I have shifted in this house due to space constraints in our 1st house and since I also have to support my dependant parents, can I pay rent to HUF and claim HRA along with Home loan deductions. 

Look forward to response.

Regards, 

Mudit Raniwala

Replies (1)

Could any Expert care to respond to my Query.

Regards,

Mudit Raniwala

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details