CFA Eligibility...plz help

Tushar Bhattacharya (Student)     09 March 2011

Tushar Bhattacharya
Student 
 21 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi Chirag

I have a confusion regarding the CFA eligibility requirements. I am BCA final year student, so m i eligible considering that I am pursuing a graduation degree of three years and not four years.

avater

Chirag Goel (student - CA, CFA)     10 March 2011

Chirag Goel
student - CA CFA 
 25 likes  228 points

Hello Tushar,

I am assuming that you are in the final year of your BCA Degree. You are eligible for CFA Level 1 Examination.

In my previous post in the CFA Eligibility, I mentioned that One must be in the Final year of his/her graduation to be eligible for Level 1 Examination. If your BCA is considered a Graduation degree, then you are eligible.

Regarding the 4 years thing, it's just a work ex requirement to earn the charter. You may clear all the exams even if you don't have the required work Experience. Once your work ex requirement is fulfilled, you may claim for a charter.

Best of luck for your exams !!

Best Regards, Chirag

1 Like

Lalit Negi (student)     19 May 2011

Lalit Negi
student 
 39 points

Eligibility for CFA Course

Eligibility Requirements 

CFA Program Entrance Requirements 

1 Have a U.S. bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
2 Or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration
3 Or have four years of qualified, professional work experience
4 Or have a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years
5 (Note: Summer, part-time, and internship positions do not qualify.)
6 Meet the professional conduct admission criteria 
7 Be prepared to take the exams in English
8 Effective 1 January 2011: Have a valid international travel passport (required for enrollment and exam registration)

Is it necessary to hav a passport????????

Varun Madaan (trainee)     21 May 2011

Varun Madaan
trainee 
 32 points

hii chirag..

i read your post comments these were really helpful. but i cud you please help me out.

i am doin C.S and i am in trainin period, i want to do cfa but i am confused about to study in india or in some other country..could you please tell me that can i get student visa for cfa.

avater

mitali (chartered accountant)     23 May 2011

mitali
chartered accountant 
 42 points

hey friends...

can anybody tell me the best centre for international cfa in bangalore...? whether i can get a coaching for its levels like in ca we get or self study is sufficient? i had given my ca final exam 2nd group in may 11 and awaiting for result, my 1st group hs cleared..i want to do international cfa from banaglore through an authorised centre...so inform me where to register for it? and would i be elegible for dec 11 exam for level 1...may i have sufficient time to be prepared for dec 11 if i start in june 11.

jogendra singh rathore (senior analyst)     26 May 2011

jogendra singh rathore
senior analyst 
 22 points

Hi Chirag,

I have bachelors in technology and having experience of 3 years in It industry and I want change my domain from IT to fincance.I have one query as i read the eligibilty criteria for cfa is that after completing the three levels of exam a person should have 4 years of experience in investment field to earn a charter.So i want to know I am eligible for CFA exam and after completing three levels will I get some kind of certification from cfa institute so on the basis of it i can apply for a job in investment field.and what are the career prospects for a person from IT background.Thanks a lot.

avater

Chirag Goel (student - CA, CFA)     26 May 2011

Chirag Goel
student - CA CFA 
 25 likes  228 points

Hello Varun,

CFA is a self-intuitive program. You need no visa to appear for the examinations. Delhi HC generally allows the CFA Institute to conduct examinations in India. So, don't worry about the visa if you wish to appear for the course.

Hey Mitali,

First of all, you need to be atleast in the final year of your Bachelors dgree to appear for the Level 1 Exams. If you are or are a graduate, then no problem. CFA is a self-intuitive program. I have a few friends taking coaching from Prinstine Classes. If they have centre in Bengaluru, then you may join them.

Hi Jogendra,

Paasing each level of CFA programs backs you up with certain 'qualifications'. India as a country has a huge demand for professionals in the field of equity analysis and portfolio management. People have found jobs in some of the leading investment banks even after passing the Level 1 Exam. Besides that, you have a 3 yrs. of IT experience, which in no way shall be a waste to your career in Finance; I assure you this. 

1 Like

jogendra singh rathore (senior analyst)     06 June 2011

jogendra singh rathore
senior analyst 
 22 points

Thanks a lot chirag.

I am aiming to give level 1 in coming june.please let me know from where i will get the study material.

avater

Prudhvi Raj (Chartered Accountant Company secretary)     14 June 2011

Prudhvi Raj
Chartered Accountant Company secretary 
 3 likes  100 points

hi chirag,

i completed my b,com graduation and also cleared ca-ipcc.

now i started  doing my articles from this year only

i'm thinking to do cfa during this articles period.

but stil in confusion bcoz i don't know anything about cfa..

i hoping that u ll clear my confusion.

is i am eligible to do cfa..

avater

Chirag Goel (student - CA, CFA)     15 June 2011

Chirag Goel
student - CA CFA 
 25 likes  228 points

Hi Jogendra,

Please mail me your email id at chirag1144.07 @ bitmesra.ac.in and I will revert you back with the download link for Schweser 2011 CFA Level 1 notes.

Hi Prithvi,

You certainly are eligible for apperaing for this (Level 1) examination. This is so because you have completed your bachelors degree. The other mandatory thing being owning a valid Passport which I am sure you can get issued all by yourself.

Now, it appears that you wish to utilize your time of articleship by indulging yourself into CFA. CFA is a certified course offered by the CFA Institute, USA. This course has a curriculum that focuses on the valuation modelling appoah and a top down approach towards equity management and Portfolio management. The curriculum provides all the necessary tools to make you aware of the latest evaluation techniques for stocks and other financial instruments with a main concentration towards equities.

The charter can be earned once you have completed 4+ years of work in financial domain and have also passed all the 3 levels of examination.

The registrations take place all round the year (basically), but for June examinations one should register before september a year before to avail discounts. Similarly for December exams, the best time is before June.

Level 1 examinations take place in June as well as December. Level 2 and Level 3 exams take place in June only every year.

The fees for Level 1 registration, Examination and curriculum may range from USD 910 - 1485 depending upon the time you register. The earlier the better.

CFA examinations at first have no test centres in India. Test centres in India are alotted only after the Delhi High Court allows the CFA Institute to conduct Examinations in India. This is because of the CFA mark and a dispute between CFA Institute and ICFAI dating back to 1998. The case is still pending in Delhi High Court for Verdict.

More about the examiations can be found at https://www.cfainstitute.org

Regards,

Chirag.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here