Easy Office
LCI Learning

CAs way ahead than MBA's!!!

Page no : 2

Amit Sureka (Finance Manager-India) (251 Points)
Replied 19 September 2007

I hope its very high time looking multiple roles played by CA's. Indian Chartered Accountant playing a different role which cant be understood by MBA's. I have due respect for them considering that CA and MBA are two different line of interest.

Prakash Popat (3134 Points)

We are more interested and doing following work with High fees.

Formulation of strategy
„X Planning and controlling activities
„X Optimization of resource use
„X Strategic decision making
„X Asset Management
„X Project Management
„X Valuation of Business / Assets
„X Business Analysis
„X Cost Management etc

„X Strategic decision making in business operations
„X Resource planning and control
„X Project Management
„X Valuation of Enterprises
„X Cost Management
„X Management Audit for different functional areas
„X Cost Audit in specified industries
„X Special Audit under various statutes
„X Financial planning & services
„X Stock Audit and Assets verification for Banks etc
VAT Audit under 17 states.

I appreciate your thinking towards new areas mr.costexcellance
The list as yet not complete.After all market(services Users) will justify and settle this issues,I don't like to compare other prestigious degrees,and I am boldly accept and congratulate other for their good jobs,if it's real one.

(Guest)
To be honest, I don't know which one is better, but I just want to make two points: 1) MBAs earn more than CAs 2) I have never seen a MBA forum debating whether MBA is better or CA. So someone is insecure here.

Prakash Popat (3134 Points)

yes ravi I fully agree with you,as they R providing value additions services to the industry,they are fetching presently more than C.A,But this is short terms phenomenon as Industry and C.A realized,the ultimate goal of their activities.Therefore ONE has to LOOK FORWARD untapped issues like KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT.

Shashwat Shekhar (Assistant Manager) (3528 Points)

1. Prime minister's salary is lesser than urs doesnt mean than u r highly placed than him 2. Top 10 colleges that is 1200 MBAs get good salary, others work at clerk level or sell Rin supreme. 3. Number of MBAs passout in 1 year is equal to Total number of CAs, still CAs are highly placed in Top mgmt of companies. Hardly any CWA/MBA is there 4. You wont find a person who go for CWA after CA, there are 1000s CWA who go for CA 5. I think mr. popat is happy in his own dreamland, let him be there 6. Mr Ravi i would like to tell you one fact that in every MBA college, guys are told CAs are like this, CAs are like that, how you will face a CA, etc. 7. Every MNC for higher post doesnt recognise Indian MBAs they go for Foriegn College pass outs. What is CWA they do not know, they are not even ready to listen.

CA Nikita (Chartered Accountant) (4158 Points)

hi!! Ravi, now here i wanna put few points.. Mba's earn more than CA's?? are u sure?? well lemme tell u no of unemployed MBA's(in general) are much more than CA's.. also if there was nothing to prove then y reputed blogs wud put up the discussion mba vs CA n thirdly y will mba forums put this discussion as for they r concerned they know... its a lost discussion...

(Guest)
Well Mr.Shashwat, you can take the Prime Minister's post, I guess MBAs would be happy with their salary. And also, please get your facts right-Hardly any MBAs in top management. I don't know which companies are you talking about.

(Guest)
Well Nikita...MBAs don't put such a thing in there blog coz they have nothing to prove, they know they are better...CAs discussing it is ample proof that they have to prove that they are better...

(Guest)
All are good. CA/ICWA/MBA has own strength. however, Mr Shekhar thinking is different. 1) In comparison with prime Minister- Baseless thinking and no relevance. 2)Both sides good and bad there. all CA passout can not be VP or GM. most fresh pass out CA in practice earning less than 10000 pm. in CA firm recruits CA final pass out by Rs 8500 to Rs 15000/ as Audit Manager. 3) it is well known fact that MBA/ engineers are more than CA. because MBA job also more. however CA final passing rate 29% as compared to 6% in ICWA. there is lots of example ICWA/MBA are more placed than CA. be proper study with statistics before made any comments. 4) where u find such type of information? there are many other persons who has cleared CA in first attemt but still struggling for ICWA final. 5) feel good to think that other person is happy. 6) again u r telling baseless matter. 7) r u promoter of all MNC? or r u HR head of all MNC?

(Guest)
interesting discussion. healthy competition beween CA , ICWA or MBA should be exist. simultaneously monopoly is not acceptable. cost excellence point regarding Cost Accountants practicing area is nice and informative.

pankaj sharma (student) (33 Points)

1.MR. Ravi a CA can do practice and job whatever they like but an mba can do only a job 2. MBA ARE HYPOCRITES AS THEY REQUIRE ONLY ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE 3.MBAs DONT HAVE ANY ATTESTING POWER 4.MBAs DON'T HAVE ANY CODE OF ETHICS 5.MBAs CAN ONLY SPEAK AND SPEAK BUT THE REAL WORK IS DONE BY CAs 6.THE BASIS OF CAT ,MAT,ZAT ,ETC.. ARE SUBJECTS LIKE ENGLISH, BASIC MATHS AND IRONY IS THAT THERE DEGREE IS MBA FINANCE,MARKETING ETC...HOW IT IS POSSIBLE ,HOW WILL VOCABLURY WILL HELP IN FINANCE DECISIONS

Ravi Satpal (CA (Final) & CS (Executive) Student)   (2430 Points)

DO u know buddy IIM has a special categary for selection that is called prof. basis and only CA has given the award as a Prof. Degree

Bandaru Rama Rao (student) (41 Points)

Hey Guys U all have Lost the most important point.This point would prove that CA is far better and will be moving far AHEAD of MBA. MBA role comes and goes only in the strategic Phase but CA has a Big role in every phase till the end of the entity.MBA works on the garbage we CA's leave and enjoys the result.Like a MAN who steals the Nectar from the beehive.OOPs its toooooooo Senti man. At the end of the day all of us will turn BALD,GREY and OLD . Live in peace fellows. OM SHANTI OM.

Bandaru Rama Rao (student) (41 Points)

Hey Guys U all have Lost the most important point.This point would prove that CA is far better and will be moving far AHEAD of MBA. MBA role comes and goes only in the strategic Phase but CA has a Big role in every phase till the end of the entity.MBA works on the garbage we CA's leave and enjoys the result.Like a MAN who steals the Nectar from the beehive.OOPs its toooooooo Senti man. At the end of the day all of us will turn BALD,GREY and OLD . Live in peace fellows. OM SHANTI OM.

Rohit Gupta (23 Points)
Replied 20 September 2007

Dont fight !! Both CAs & MBAs are the partner in Nation development !! Be Cool dudes ... Just wana make apoint being a CA Now Scenerio is changeing & CAs are not as they were earliers. Now aur Porf is getting more diverdified ....& salaries are rocking like any thing . So don't compare ........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro