ICICI

CAs not active in the startup world

Raghav Behani (Chartered Accountant)     21 March 2015

Raghav Behani
Chartered Accountant 
 29 likes  943 points

| My Other Post

From Ola to Flipkart to any random startup today, I haven't read about a single CA student who went on to try creating a startup, forget a successful startup. Most CA students are discussing package and salary before even writing finals, this shows their orientation towards getting a higher packages. I am curious to know why CA's are lacking dynamism to create business while IIT and IIM and other B.Tech - MBA students are storming the scene. I am in noway saying job is not good but it would be good to see a few CA startups considering the fact a CA is really strong in finance, tax and account matters. There was a generation of CA's who ruled the Indian stock markets from Jhunjhunwala, Motilal Oswal, Anand Rathi, Ramdeo Agarwal, even Ketan Parekh. What are your views friends..

1 Like
avater

PRADEEP S (Finance Manager(B.Com. M.Com. M.Phil. LLB. MA. MBA. MFT. MCS. CA Inter CMA Inter))     22 March 2015

PRADEEP S
Finance Manager(B.Com. M.Com. M.Phil. LLB. MA. MBA. MFT. MCS. CA Inter CMA Inter) 
 28 likes  206 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi,

Forget about startups and comparing with IIT/IIM, huge herd of CA's are joining in BPO/KPO in the name of "Career Opportunity"  I am sure that I will receive lot of counter replies for my statement, but facts remains same.

Regards

Pradeep S

avater

Raghav Behani (Chartered Accountant)     22 March 2015

Raghav Behani
Chartered Accountant 
 29 likes  943 points

Originally posted by : PRADEEP S
Hi,

Forget about startups and comparing with IIT/IIM, huge herd of CA's are joining in BPO/KPO and assuming donkey job in the name of "Career Opportunity"  I am sure that I will receive lot of counter replies for my statement, but facts remains same.

Regards

Pradeep S

Yes, I agree with you. They are snooping low to the level of B.Com level jobs and I have heard of CA's joining call centres too. Again we can't blame ICAI but it is the attitude and smartness of students which needs to change.. Hope ICAI comes with some career counselling modules.

avater

Aarthi (Analyst)     22 March 2015

Aarthi
Analyst 
 27 likes  247 points

CA exams tough t clear. People spend quite a bit of time on that. At 22 or 23 u can become an MBA, even if u r a avg student, but that's not d case with CA, after completing the course already they find themselves lagging behind their peers and so there's a rush to become financially secure that they search for Paying jobs. Remember most jobs ask "either CA or MBA " thus equating both! Further CA exam corrections are strict unpredictable mostly. Doing CA is tough,lot of school toppers too fail, takes a toll on personal life so the passed students jump immediately for packages only ignoring the job descripttion.

avater

sumeet (india)     22 March 2015

sumeet
india 
 4 likes  267 points

Agree, CA doesn't get what he deserve. A struggle of 5-6 years even more, so much study and finally so much stress. Basically our politicians have involved sharpest minds in form filing and all these stuff so that they can easily do what they want to do, because mass will follow them anonymously. Accordingly things are working. They change forms every year......why??......it is over my mind.

avater

Raj C Doshi (Practising CA)     22 March 2015

Raj C Doshi
Practising CA 
 158 likes  2288 points

At the age of 21 , you can become CA. I agree that new ca fraternity have a narrow vision. But the blame game cannot be ICAI. I think one is himself/herself responsible for narrowing themselves to a traditional paid job be it at a big Ca firm or at bpo/kpo. CAs can be the best businessmen and entrepreneurs. I opine they have forgotten that its lot more in doing business than accounting or auditing it.

avater

abilash (Student CA Final )     22 March 2015

abilash
Student CA Final  
 1 likes  28 points

Bcos I think We are not trained as a Entrepreneur but rather as Managers or custodian of business. So our mind set is never of starting a flipkart but rather Work in it.

avater

Ayan Kumar Ghosh (Assistant Manager)     22 March 2015

Ayan Kumar Ghosh
Assistant Manager 
 3 likes  56 points

People should do what they love, love your work and don't follow money.degree is just an educational quality, dedicated to your work and it gives you everything.

ajit hegde (article)     23 March 2015

ajit hegde
article 
 5 likes  82 points

After completing 3 years of articleship, every student, most probably is under some financial obligation. Living 3 years in a metropolitan city with 5 or 6 thousand stipend would push us into financial obligations and immediate requirement of money! Taking risk of a start up at that time and age is practically not possible. After a couple of years of corporate job most of the CAs are habbituated to that work environment and your question remains unanswered! But being a CA knowing in out and out of the the business field would not be difficult to set up a business..

1 Like
avater

RamRatan Chejara (Article assistant)     23 March 2015

RamRatan Chejara
Article assistant 
 27 points

If a CA final student is not pass ca final exam then what is other opportunity for him....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here