Calculation of tax ay 2017-18 u/s 143(1)(a)

I have submitted ITR3 for AY 2017-18 in last March .

Recently I am receiving communication u/s 143(1)(a) , demanding some additional Income TAX.

In the pdf file , what I can notice that the department is not considering 80TTA amount and that is why Tax liablity is getting increased.

I have specified total interest income in ITR , income from Other Source section ( OS) . And in ITR Chapter VI tab , I have the 80 TTA  amount ans showing properly , Although in the Calculation u/s 143(1)(a) ignoring 80TTA  amount.

Please help me understanding , Am I missing some rule here.

Thanks,

Nasipuri

 

Replies (2)

Disagree.... submit the bank statement validating claim.

Make the rectification request u/s 154 within time. And make the claim of 80TTA again. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details