CA RESULTS- MY VIEW

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)

24 July 2010  

well the CA results have been declared and I m going thru the various messages on this subject . I thought to put across my point of view as well.

There is no doubt that CA results  that have come out are probably the worst in the decade.

My observations for the poor results is as follows

1) Despite having relatively good results last time around only 47% got jobs in placement .

2) There may be only 1,60,000 CA and considering 10% are retired, 10% stay abroad and almost 20 % are in practise. so roughly 1 lac are there in industry . most students may argue that there should be great demand for CA professionals but reality is that CA have to compete against ICWA , MBA finance , CS, post graduates, diploma in finance in the crowded job market.

3) Besides at the lower level ie executive & AM level there is ever increasing no of graduates, CA inters, finalist etc that do up role . Thus dispensing the requirement of CA

4) Today Corporates have become extremely cost centric as they consider CA as cost centres not revenue generators.they consider finance & CA as support function which is necessity for regulatory and compliance purposes. SO they want the person in finance at low salaries.