CA Final old - IDT concise & easy book

Ajaib Singh (CA Ajaib Singh Sandhu) (194 Points)

19 May 2010  

I cleared my 1st group of CA Final in May 2008. I work for MNC in Mumbai and can’t afford to quit job for studying considering the fixed monthly commitments that needs to be honored. At the same time I do not get time to study due to extensive working/traveling hours. I do not even get leave for more than the exam days (Thank God atleast now we have one day leave for each paper). Similar was the case with 1st group (however since I faired well in Accounts/FM I could clear this with least efforts) I have appeared for 2nd group (thrice since May 2008) & below is my comfort level subject wise:

1)       Costing (comfortable, I do not see problem in scoring anywhere between 45-55 except once when I was expecting around 55 and I got just 33 marks….. I think manipulation of results to control supply & Demand………..)

2)       MICS (Very Comfortable, still this is not giving results I got 58 once and 59 once….. Thanks to the paper checker & my LUCK…….)

3)       DT (Ok Ok type, I manage to get around 40-45 marks)

4)       IDT (Killing & Most Dangerous these are my own views, I wonder how people get exemptions & score this subject. They say Bangar is a good book, however I am not comfortable (may be because I do not get enough time, secondly the way answers are presented I fear a lot…..) Can someone please suggest a book which gives point wise brief provision of IDT laws which is also easy to remember.

I am reaching a level of frustration, as even this time I goofed up in IDT. I can’t even think of quitting CA can someone please help……