Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA Final Exemption

Page no : 2

CA Ruchika Baranwal ( ) (26 Points)
Replied 19 July 2011

i got exemption in idt nov.10  And i also got marks in costing 62 & isca 61 in may 2011 attempt. i want to know whether i can take benefit of exemption of subsequent attempt either or together. plz reply me related response and also tell where i clarify this confusion.  

meeta mansatta (student) (78 Points)
Replied 20 July 2011

if one has secured more 68 marks in IDT and 65 marks in MICS.than she has taken exemtion in MICS.now than after she wants to change her exemtion and she wants to take exemtion in IDT..whether she can do this?please reply

meeta mansatta (student) (78 Points)
Replied 20 July 2011

if one has secured more 68 marks in IDT and 65 marks in MICS.than she has taken exemtion in MICS.now than after she wants to change her exemtion and she wants to take exemtion in IDT..whether she can do this?please reply

Versatile....... (Chartered Accountant) (82 Points)
Replied 21 July 2011

@ Ruchika...

to the best of my knowledge you can't avail the exemption's that u have scored in this attempt bcz u have already scored exemption in the previous attempt & its valid for next three attempts...so if you score any exemptions during the period upto which your IDT exemption is valid then you won't be able to avail them.....but that scheme was in old course...may be in new course they would have made any changes....so do contact icai for clarifying this further.

All d Very Best...!!!

Replied 21 July 2011

@ Meeta...

if you have availed the exemption of IDT in the attempt following the attempt in which you scored exemption in both IDT & MICS then you can avail both exemptions....but if you scored exemption in IDT in previous attempt & in this attempt u didn't cleared but scored 60 or more inany subjects(MICS in ur case) then u can't avail this exemption ....ur IDT exemption will be valid for three attempts so if you score any exemptions during the period upto which your IDT exemption is valid then you won't be able to avail them...

Best Wishes...!!!

Replied 21 July 2011

@ Anirban...i think there is some reqiurement like this to avail exemptions..but m nt sure about this...

so won't be able to clear your doubt...:(

vikram (nil) (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2011

In my first attempt i got exemption in MICS which was June 2009. and Nov 10 was last attempt to claim such exemption and in Nov. 10 i also got exemption in costing. and after that i claimed exemption in costing for may 11 and not claimed exemption for MICS in may 11 . but institute showing absent in costing exam in may 11 and saying you are not eligible to claim costing exemption. is they r right. if not then now what should i do.

saurabh saraf (CA.firm) (32 Points)
Replied 18 August 2011

I failed the ca final first group but got exemption in audit -64 & law-64,

In second group i gave advance management accounting (fail), but remained absent in the rest 3 papers, i want to clarify the following issues:-

1.Next time in november when i will be giving both groups i.e all six papers will the exemption marks will be counted only for the first group or for both groups?

2. Woud there have been any change in answer of query 1 above, if i would have appeared in all papers of group 2 and got the same exemption as stated above?

3. Next time will the additonal marks which i will get in accounts and SFM (i.e above 72) be counted while totalling the both groups.?

Mahesh Kasturi (CA FINAL) (27 Points)
Replied 23 October 2011

Guys just tell me in the following scenario. .

nov 2011 - gr-2 paper 5=21, paper 6 = 65, paper 7=32, paper 8= 64

then no doubt he ll be awarded exemption in paper 6 and paper 8 but my doubt is whether this group 2 aggregate is counted for group also if a guy writes both groups in may 2012. .  who secures 193 marks in group 1 and 229 in group 2 in may 2012, assuming he  gets min 40 in all papers in group 1. . .

kindly post the reply at the earliest. .

Replied 30 October 2011

@ Vikram...institute is right as you scored exemption within the three succeeding attempts of getting exempion in MICS...if your exemption has lapsed by May 10 then only you would have been eligible to avail the exemption of costing in Nov 10.

@ Saurabh..(ans to querry 1)..i think you will be eligible to claim exemptions in both d papers of group I provided you have appeared in all papers f d group in which u got exemptions(check if in ur result there was written Fail-Ex in Group I total then u'll be eligible to claim exemptions)...& now u'll have to score 272 in 6 papers subject to 40 marks criteria in each...means you will get d benefit of exemption in aggregate marks of both groups & nt just of group I..(ans to querry 2).. it would have not made any difference(ans to querry 3)...yes you will get d benefit of marks scored over & above 200 in group I in aggregate of both bt make sure you score 40 in all sujects f group II.

@ Mahesh..yes benefit of exemption plus etra marks in that group will be considered in aggregate....eg..u got following marks...GI-64,22,68,35, GII-27,40,47,40...now in next attempt u'll get d benefit of exemptions & say u score following marks in next attempt...GI-64E,60,68E,50 ie 242...& GII 40,40,40,40 i.e 160..then u'll be declared PASS as ur aggregate will be 402.

i hope this will clear all ur doubts...all the very best for the upcoming examinations....
give ur level best...yes

Avinash A. Pamnani (student) (130 Points)
Replied 31 October 2011

I got exemption in IDT-66 marks in may 2011 ca final attempt, and i decided to forgo exemption, so while filing exam  form of nov 2011 attempt i didnt claim exemption. so now is my exemption forgone? as its written on institute site that exemption is autometically carried forward for next 3 subsequent attempts.

how do i know my status of exemption whether is forgone or still available?

and if i skip this (nov 11) attempt, will i get benefit of exemption in may 12 attempt?

pls advise its urgent.

Replied 31 October 2011

@ Avinash....its true that exemption automatically gets carried forward to next 3 immediately following attempts but since you have not claimed the exemption while filling the examination form then you will not get the exemption...but i think for that you have to give in writing that you are not availing the exemption then only it will lapse...

& secondly if your exemption is not surrendered(means its available) then even if you don't appear in  november 2011 still it would be available in May 2012 & Nov 2012....this is to the best of my knowledge...

but on a personal note i would advise you to never surrender exemption's as this is a professional examination & you may never know what marks you score in the same paper in the next attempt...target is to qualify CA Final...in long run it hardly matters how you cleared...i mean whether in 1 attempt or in multiple attempts.... 

so if its still possilble to avail the exemption then do take it....

all the very best...good luck...!!!

Avinash A. Pamnani (student) (130 Points)
Replied 31 October 2011

thanks for info Sir, but still one doubt remains..i m thinking to give only 2nd gp in nov11 attempt.. so i want to know whether my exemption is still available in IDT  or its lapsed as i didnt claim in exam form. however on ICAi website in FAQS regarding availing exemption the wording  says ---

"An exemption is valid for three immediate succeeding exams and will be carried

forward automatically for the next three examinations. However, you are required to
give details of the exemption(s) secured by you in the immediate three preceding
exams, in your exam form, which will help us to cross check with our data base."

can u pls interpret this?

also i have return to exam helpline the same querry,,,but havent recd any reply yet what shall i do pls guide.. should i prepare 4 IDT too n how will i come to know whether m granted exemption in nov11 attempt or its lapsed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: