Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca course is totally wastage of time and spoil ur career

Page no : 4

fauladirakshak (ARTICLE) (44 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

I think people who are posting such a things over here are some secret agent of Pakistan or any other external force who don't want to see the successful youth of India that's why they post such demoralising posts. And as far as CA course is concern I think you only need to add some communication skill in your portfolio and you will easily earn respectable money. I have seen 90% of student are lacking in communication skills and the most important thing they don't speak in English which is indispensable need of the hour to get job. In tire 2&3 cities student just mug up things to get degree but as far as there social awareness is concern they are zero. One of my friend has mentioned name of Ayn Rand above but I am sure that most of us are not even aware who is she?? Plan your study do a bit of hard work, have some positive thinking, and you will see everything is good after all CA is part of this mundane world. And it's really feels good to have some people around here who keep on motivating to other people in this post may lord Shiva bless them. Boom Shankara.

anantmundhra (CA) (246 Points)
Replied 12 December 2014

Its upon ur effort with ur luck, but atleast kisi ko demotivat ti mat karo.

Rubul (Student) (151 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

I agree with author that its better to prepare for SSC or Bank PO rather than investing (I will not use the word "waste") time in CA. Gone are those days when CA's are paid in Lakhs, now today when being a final year student I ask Co. for 25K/month their reaction is "BHAI ITNE MAIN TO HUM CA RAKH LENGE, TMHE KYU LE" and at that point I have nothing but to laugh at myself and to the prospective CA who will join that post at such a low compensation.

Now some of you are saying that our course is degrading because we are not capable and that it is all our fault. Is it really??? I think no. We are capable of anything. As a CA our knowledge is so vast that we can expertise in any field related to commerce. As posted by Parul I think our esteemed ICAI is not doing enough for our students. I am not saying that they are not imparting good knowledge but what I want to express here is the way of managing this course.

And as pointed by greatest that most of the CA's lack communication skills thats why they are jobless or unemployed or underpaid (he has wrote many things but that is my interpretation of his comment in a nutshell, correct me if I am wrong). I disagree with that (not totally). Its enough for a CA if he understand/speak bussiness level communication in case of verbal english and as far as written english is concern, it has to be very good if not excellent. 

Following are the problems, which I feel is responsible for low package/unemployment of CA
1.) Excess supply of CA from the year 2011 till May 2013
2.) Dummy Articleship and only theoritical knowledge makes it worse. And these students who became CA later on are main culpurits. These are those CA's who agree for employment for a salary as low as 20K pm. And the industry gives us example of these CA(s) when offering salary.
3.) Entry into Beginner level CA course without Cap limit and than restricting exit by fixing a level as low as 5-7%, which compels students to write demotivating comments like as written by the author. 

But terming CA course as waste of time is immature statement. Yes you can say that the salary of a CA at the present scenario is not good as that of a bank PO or Govt. employee. For me salary/income is return thats why I used the term INVESTING. Pursuing CA course at present scenario and investing your precious time will not give you good return as compared to psc/ssc, hence better you prepare for psc or other competitve service exam, IF YOU ARE NOT A CA STUDENT.

Those who are already into CA course and have invested a lot of time, to them, bro keep trying. CA karke galati ki ye baat sarasar galat hain. Apni articleship ache se khatam karo, principal bekar hain to apna firm change karo iske baad tmhare 20K kahi nai gaye aur dhire dhire ye badhegi ghategi nai. Tassali rakho. Aur sath main MBA wagera kar lo. Mana ki MBA ki value nai hain lekin yaad rahe ki commerce k jitne v govt. jobs hain waha qualification hoti hain CA/ICWA/MBA(FINANCE). so koi nai. CA nai bane to kya hua CA k post par to govt. job kar hi loge, aur kuch na ho to pvt job to hain hi. KEEP TRYING AND BE POSETIVE. AND YES I KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRITTING THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE FRUSTRATED BUT BROTHER ITS ULTIMATELY YOUR CALL, IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY CHANGE YOUR FIELD. ITS NEVER TOO LATE FOR ANY THING :)

HAIII BAHUT LAMBA HO GAYA :D

Sagar Solanki (SGR Tax Advisory) (76 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Brother Anil.... Improve English first. Than laal batti or anything else. Don't know the spell of friends. Wat else to expect. Don't take personally. Take as advice. I have seen Many students who don't know even proper English Wich is basic than how they dare for CA course. CA has some own standards and you have to match them not CA will match there standards with you. Agree with time consuming bt be smart enough to clear in first attempt

rohit (article) (29 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

please don't underestimate power of c.a. .....it is a golden degree ...and honorable..profession...

Greatest Buddy (Finance Professional) (173 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Originally posted by : Rubul

And as pointed by greatest that most of the CA's lack communication skills thats why they are jobless or unemployed or underpaid (he has wrote many things but that is my interpretation of his comment in a nutshell, correct me if I am wrong). I disagree with that (not totally). Its enough for a CA if he understand/speak bussiness level communication in case of verbal english and as far as written english is concern, it has to be very good if not excellent. 

No. My point was not on verbal ability or Business English.

My concern is about "Domain Knowledge" and "Skill set".

Engineers:-They are expected to know a lot more than what they learn in their colleges for the MNCs to give them a job. And the demand supply equation in the case of Engineers is much more than that of CAs. They acquire new skills by taking private classes. These skills include all the technical skills required for doing jobs and they may sometimes even include the communication skills.

Medicine students:- Same is the case with the medicine students as even they are expected to much more than what they learn at an institute of medicine.(Even an MBBS student)

MBA Students:- We underestimate these people assuming.

-After clearing an MBA entrance, they do masti for 2 years and companies choose them for front end roles only for their communication skills.(Assumption)

Reality:-I would suggest you to personally visit an IIM or an institute like FMS or XLRI. 

These institutes have faculty who hold Phd. level degrees in their respective subjects and there will be no stress of getting failed in the exams. And the sole aim will be to gain knowledge and apply them in the case study and other places. 

CA Students:-We only study for the examinations. The emphasis is neither on expertise nor on applying skills but on scoring high/ranks in the exam. 

You have even said something like Dummy articleship, theoretical knowledge etc. The learning and exposure which we get at the articleship level is very low and you can't get a job in fields like Core Finance which are high paying when compared to a regular job in Transfer Pricing or Taxation. As these Core Finance jobs may need complete different skill sets.. The knowledge you get at articleship level is more clerical and less managerial. The Big 4 articles score better here as they have better exposure, but only if they try to make an effort to optimally utilize the resources around them.

My opinion.

Priyesh (Student) (51 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Every course has its own importance... Indian CA is not only most reputed course in India but is also most reputed amoung CA Institutes of other countries....

Bhavin Patel (M.Com C.A.FINAL C.S.FINAL)   (304 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Totally agree with ur comments dear,,,, and thats y I have choosen to become a US CPA....

anand (articles) (31 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

I am sorry for the guy who posted this . I think he has to be educated on the curriculum of the course. If you see curriculum a ca/cs/CWA can opt and do anything. That's the knowledge and maturity it imparts in u on completion of course. All you need is patience and hard work . there are people who gave up the course and feel after years so don't give up encourage yourself and put your efforts u can complete all the best. I am sorry if my words hurts someone in the forum no personal vengance it is my opinion abt the course

Replied 13 December 2014

To 

All the people making non-sensical posts.

Invest the same energy,effort and time in improving your soft skills.

And let's end this never ending and unyielding debate.

My sincere apologies for being rude.

SATISH (CA Final & CS Final) (90 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

@ amit popli  really whatever you have commented is true, our CA institute has to think about the present students instead of introducing new schemes, before registring the students  it should make proper carrear counciling of the students and it has to explain proper pros and cons about the course, by introducing the direct entry scheme there is so much of inflow of CA students in the course one cant expect, and our results are also not good these days if the same continues whatever you have mentioned 10L it will become double in few years, now a days a article assistants are paid Rs 1000 pm in some firms,  and after completion of articleship also there is no hopes about getting good salary, its really a frustrating situtations for the CA students after making all efforts there is nothing in the hands only hopes I WILL BE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT ,

but finally i will suggest one thing to all students,

HOPES AND PATIENCE CAN TAKE YOU TO YOUR SUCCESS

rachana (accountant) (36 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Ganeshbabu hume b esi co. Btado i would like to join it....

Tejas Satish Mirashi (Article Clerk / Audit Assisstant)   (42 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

I'm posting an experience of a friend who gave his fourth attempt for CA final in Nov'13. He has been selected for taxation profile of one of the biggest companies of the country. He had applied for an audit profile being non qualified. He was selected for the final interview for audit along with a freshly qualified CA who was selected for taxation. In the final interview the interviewer got so impressed that he offered my friend the tax profile which was supposed to be open for only qualified CAs.He has been offered a current package of 3.6 lacs per annum which the company has promised to be atleast doubled(excluding perx and bonus). The CA who was selected for tax has now been given audit. However his salary is higher(pun intended) All I'm trying to convey is that the territory is open and hostile. Agreed. But it is the same for all. It is how you make of it. God bless!!
1 Like

Replied 13 December 2014

Originally posted by : Tejas Satish Mirashi
I'm posting an experience of a friend who gave his fourth attempt for CA final in Nov'13.

He has been selected for taxation profile of one of the biggest companies of the country. He had applied for an audit profile being non qualified. He was selected for the final interview for audit along with a freshly qualified CA who was selected for taxation. In the final interview the interviewer got so impressed that he offered my friend the tax profile which was supposed to be open for only qualified CAs.He has been offered a current package of 3.6 lacs per annum which the company has promised to be atleast doubled(excluding perx and bonus). The CA who was selected for tax has now been given audit. However his salary is higher(pun intended)

All I'm trying to convey is that the territory is open and hostile. Agreed. But it is the same for all. It is how you make of it.

God bless!!

Happy to see the posts which make sense. Kudos to the ones who got into such companies inspite of failing to clear the CA final level in first attempt.

CA Parul Saxena (CA) (8435 Points)
Replied 13 December 2014

Originally posted by : Tejas Satish Mirashi
I'm posting an experience of a friend who gave his fourth attempt for CA final in Nov'13.

He has been selected for taxation profile of one of the biggest companies of the country. He had applied for an audit profile being non qualified. He was selected for the final interview for audit along with a freshly qualified CA who was selected for taxation. In the final interview the interviewer got so impressed that he offered my friend the tax profile which was supposed to be open for only qualified CAs.He has been offered a current package of 3.6 lacs per annum which the company has promised to be atleast doubled(excluding perx and bonus). The CA who was selected for tax has now been given audit. However his salary is higher(pun intended)

All I'm trying to convey is that the territory is open and hostile. Agreed. But it is the same for all. It is how you make of it.

God bless!!

I Just want to say i agreed if a person has knowledge then he is rewareded. But the problem is how to gain knowledge only practical knowledge is demanded but articles can not get in articleship due to CA exploitation or experience in small firm where they can not learn technicality of taxation etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: