ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ca course has lost the reputation

dream big live big (student) (190 Points)

27 March 2010  

Friends,

The way the institute has handled the issues for the last 3 years it is clearly evident that ca course is not going to be the one of the prestigious courses which we know at the time of enrollment to this course in the future. And the companies are going to take the ca people and stupid mba people's at par which we feared all the time. And institute has become a place of playing politics and know one there speaks about finance or accounts etc. Every one wants power and fame. Iam a ca final student and i know only ca certificate is not going to help me much to realize my dreams and i have started to enroll for other courses. So friends this is the warning message from me dont just go for ca course, go for some more reputed courses also.

24 Replies

Gautam (article) (205 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

ya u r ri8. And this was started from when Mr. Uttamprakash appointed as president. Due to continious request of students for giving relaxation in articleship transfer rule the institute had one nothing. This is purely "DADAGIRI" of ICAI.

1 Like

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant) (2726 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Originally posted by : dream big live big

......................And the companies are going to take the ca people and stupid mba people's at par which we feared all the time...... .

First of all, it is not right to regard the MBA's "stupid". They r not MBA's by any simple means. Afterall, they hve cleared exams like CAT etc. which gave them MBA degree. Secondly, in the present scenario, it is we CA students who r more stupid which is consistently following what the insitutie is mandating without garnering students views while moulding the course.

Restricting transfers, bringing down pass %age, delaying Satyam report, internal politics etc. All this is happening and we r only at the mercy and at the recieving end of the Institute....... It is not that it is making these rules, but is is certainly that we as a students r not doing anything to make it more student-friendly in quoting rules for/against students. @ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Like

Ajay kumar (assistant) (481 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

C.A is only Educational Course . And  not any education course in India Gives Surety of Better Future.  I donot know why peoply in C.A Clubindia says that After passing C.A u will achieve highest in ur life.  I know many C.A / C.S/Cwa  who is not earning more than  250000 P.A .  I Want to tell u that  Today in 2010 A Small Shopkeeper can easily earn such a Amount . So what is the value of C.A/CS/CWA . ....  in today Sceario. This is only a couse not a future okk.....

1 Like

(Guest)

I just have one complain. Why experimenting with Question Paper trends? All questions to attempt is simply a nightmare.

We have many other issues but they are not at all coming in our way to prepare for professional examination. I feel that rather making exams tougher, raise the expectations. Making both compulsory is something too much for a student to manage along with article ship and career pressure.

1 Like

CA. Amit Chimnani (PARTNER ) (205 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

i agree....

aman miglani (no) (97 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

u r saying wrong my frnd

jo value ca ki h

vo aaj ke din mba cat ki bhi nhi h

or ha ca ka jitna kam result aayega utna hmara liye better hoga

in my link 4-5 ca and 3 ca cleared exam in first attempt

Ajay kumar (assistant) (481 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

There is No Value of Profession In the Market / Life .  it is a Person who has a value in Life.... Either he is Doctor / C.A / CS/CWA  IAS , Lawyer..etc....

YASH JAIN (ARTICLE) (554 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

If our nation is managed badly does it mean INDIA is bad?  Similarly if our institute is mis managed we cannot put question mark over prestige of ca course.  CA is the most prestigeous course ..........even better than MBA"s since in MBA its only 2 years personality development.But in CA its hard work ,dedication, committment and moreover faith in ones ability to prove himself is required...tell me if satyam scam was done by an MBA would any mba institute be held responsible? No..since any mba institute is not recognized for any statuatory work...its only ca,cs,icwai,aiims institute which have been given authority to have a say in any statuatory matter........like balance sheet, compliance work. If mbas were  so smart then why cant even a single mba figure out manipulation in Satyam balancesheet?  Because they all are dump theroitical experts...They can be fooled very easily.....Harshad mehta(ca), ketan parekah(ca) are eg. of how our MBas can be fooled....Our own sebi,mca are planning to give post of cfo to ca only because if he commits any mistake icai can be held responsible......Why did it not take MBA's into consideration......Moreover in 2011 ifrs, company bill 2008,direct tax code ,goods and service tax all this will come who will implement it....................Its me and you who are going to be ca and not stupid mbas......they can only talk about big ideas but its u and i the (future ca) who implement the ideas and see that perfection is achieved......Common guys we have statuatory powers..do mbas have the same..................?

1 Like

krishna kumar (CA Final) (407 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

'CA is a presigious course", no doubt about that.

I am just a graduate, have completed articleship of 3years and continued with the same auditor for another 2 years. Only because of that Articleship Experience, I got a job in MNC and presently earning 2,40,000 p.a.

Recently I completed CA inter, and getting job offers of 3,60,000 p.a. So, I am damn sure that, after completion of CA my future will be secure.

3 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114654 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Hello,

As per my personal understanding CA is such a noble profession that it cannot lose its tremendous reputation so easily. Dear friends you gave up so easily and quickly. This is not a good thing. Have faith in ICAI and things will be all right very sson.

Wish you all a very bright future.

Best Regards

3 Like

Replied 27 March 2010

On the contrary it is very true that as far as policies of ICAI are concerned some sort of restructuring is very much required by ICAI. Just because of this reason  some of the ICAI students are really struggling.

One of such policy is restriction on transfer which needs to be modified as early as possible just in the interest of student community. But I am very hopeful that in near future steps will be taken by ICAI to improve the overall situation.   

Best Regards

1 Like

CA. Bhabani , FCA, DISA, DIRM (Chartered Accountant) (205 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

One should have the ability to see oportunities in threats.That is what CA course is.We should not underestimate our own profession.That is not a good sign.I salute my profession.I am proud to be a Chartered Accountant.

Replied 27 March 2010

Originally posted by : CA. Bhabani Sankar, FCA

One should have the ability to see oportunities in threats.That is what CA course is.We should not underestimate our own profession.That is not a good sign.I salute my profession.I am proud to be a Chartered Accountant.

Very true observation and thoughts Sir. We have to see the positive sides of the profession and situation. If one got nervous in the very beginning than what would happen in the future or after qualifying CA or any other professional course.

Ultimately we must respect our profession and professional body.

Regards

ganesh bhandari (B.Com Final C.A. Final CS Article Clerk )   (239 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Completely agree with Mr. Garg and hope for the best from the Institute..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags