Easy Office

ca course has lost the reputation

Page no : 2

Caclub Member (student) (215 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Originally posted by : CA. Bhabani Sankar, FCA

One should have the ability to see oportunities in threats.That is what CA course is.We should not underestimate our own profession.That is not a good sign.I salute my profession.I am proud to be a Chartered Accountant.

I completely agree with your views sir.

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

For CA/CS/CWA , I must say that they are the only profession where you can gain trust, confidence and faith of the public. It is possible only because of the presence of the Institues of the governing Bodies.

For low results in these profession , I can say that these low results are one of the factor why these professions didn't lost their integrity and respect. Imagine a situation if, there is a result of 50% or more..then how the intergrity of the these professions can be maintained. No doubt MBA may possess some distinctt skills, but the way the MBA institues are coming with no control by the regulatory bodies, the intergrity and relevance of the MBA is decreasing. Within last 10 years , there are no. of MBA institutes in every city which are called as MBA even though they did it from anywhere. Also, In MBA, if u think of Big Schools they too have strict restrictions and evaluation process for selecting the candidate, and bcoz of that they had maintained their reputation and integrity.

For Policies and restrictions, I can say that although all the policies are not correct or the best, but they are implemented i a way, and if not suits to the students and members, i m sure these institutes will and are working for changing or improving the same for the betterment of the students and members. Also, sometimes, certain strict policies and procedures need to be made for the development and appreciation of the students and members.

In life, everything comes in a package, so strict rules and policies are also the part of the package along with the intergrity, reputation, faith and confidence u gain as a CA/CS/CWA from the society.

1 Like

aman miglani (no) (97 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

jin student ke bas ki nhi hoti

bo ye sab bolte h

my experience says :-

if we do best preperation then we confirm clear in first attempt

ca is very easy in my opinion..

1 Like

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Ca course is never near the knee level of MBA course. CAs have to enter the sector of finance to challenge the authority of mbas in market.

CAs are badly branded by our own institutte. Refer Ahmedabad and Chennai placements. There is nepotism and politics by central council members.Avg salary of ahmd. was 3.5 lacs and one got 7.5(95pc students were not even selected); and Chennai, dilli, mumbai bagged 11 offers of 70lacs each.

Students will be wary of of entering CA course due to mishandling of core student issues by icai.

ICAI needs complete overhaul.

In current scenario; CA should be done side by side with CPA;CFA, CFE,MBA,CS,CWA(any).

Ek baat to sahi; there are many people who haughtily and without thinking logically say that "CA is the most superior course; and MBA is nowwhere near it."

(Guest)

@ ajay :

1) A CA can conduct an audit and a shop keeper do not know what is audit.

2) A CA can caluculate tax and a shop keeper cannot.

3) A CA has good values and respect in cultured society and a shop keeper may not have the same.

and the list goes on....

A CA is always a CA no matter how much he earns. Never ever dare to compare a CA with a shop keeper even in a dream.

CA. Bhabani , FCA, DISA, DIRM (Chartered Accountant) (205 Points)
Replied 28 March 2010

Knowledge is power and most of us really do not realise the potential within ourselves.When we fail we blame it on others.To be a successful professional we need to change our attitude and certainly we can reach the altitude.Remember, education is known by its depth not by its length.

dream big live big (student) (190 Points)
Replied 29 March 2010

ya friends good debate. but let me tell you that iam not just discussing about differences between a ca and mba but my core issue is that can anyone gaurantee that the reputation will be the same for the ca course at present after 5 - 10 years if the things are managed in the same way as it is done now. Let me throw some light on the various unprofessional things done by institute in the last 3 years:

1) CPT introduced just to built huge buildings and forgeting about the eligibile people who have to get in to the ca course. Now any low level student can crack cpt with some luck and destroys the very purpose of an entrance exam.

2) continious changes in syllabus for pe 2 to pcc to ipcc and from ipcc to ?  i dont know.

3) no planning at the time of change of syllabus eg: the articleship for pcc students is 3 and half years where as for pe2 and ipcc students are 3 years and still no conclusion of the comittee which is formed to resolve this issue

4) No student friendly policies eg: ban on transfer etc.

Can any one gaurantee that if the things continue like this will the reputation of the ca course will be the same after 5-10 years? Sorry to compare  a Chartered accountant with mba..........why dont we compare the ca with the actuaries?

Simple, now the icai is having monopoly that is why we are surviving what if once the government comes up with some policies which breaks the monopoly.......

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 29 March 2010

monopoly gayee toh watt lagg jayegaa?

(volume kam karr; amarjit jagg jayegaa):(

Some strong adiyal illogical blokes say that ,"we have statutory powers"; so we are superior than mbas.

That's why i am gonna do another degree like MBA,CPA or CFA after CA; kyunki CA ka value kya hogaa agar aisa hi icai mein gondogoll hone laga laga toh after 10 saal baad.

vikash rathi (Chartered Accountant) (787 Points)
Replied 25 April 2010

Originally posted by : sneha

@ ajay :

1) A CA can conduct an audit and a shop keeper do not know what is audit.

2) A CA can caluculate tax and a shop keeper cannot.

3) A CA has good values and respect in cultured society and a shop keeper may not have the same.

and the list goes on....

A CA is always a CA no matter how much he earns. Never ever dare to compare a CA with a shop keeper even in a dream.

good said......if any one think c.a is like shopkeeper then plz leave the coure n join a shop

Lesha (Article) (34 Points)
Replied 25 April 2010

I do agree with the fact that ICAI has lost its reputation and its all because of few CA's...... They just dont care about anythng... They do not put their brains in improving the syllabus and good curriculum... all they think and waste time in makin CA articleship more strict and hectic and by just changing the format of CA course from PE2 to PCC to IPCC and harras CA aspirant..... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: