Branch a/c in head office accounts

Dear Sir,

I recently joined in a company, where Company has 7 branches apart from Head office. Head office doing all the purchases & payments except the petty expenses at branches. Branches meet these expenses from their daily cash sales. Inter branch transfer of goods are also happening between branches. All the transfer between branches and head office to branches are being done at cost prices. Now I want to know, how can I maintain a head office account having all the branch accounting vouchures in tally 9? If I want to create a branch account, under which a/c it can be created? Branch/divisions shown under primary head in Tally is treated as liabilities. if I create branches under this head, whether it will affect negatively in balace sheet? I tried to treat branch as a sundry debtor in Head office book. but when i get money from them, which is more than the value of goods sent to them, i could credit them only for the value of goods sent to them and the balance figure has to be shown in HO record in P/L account. but I dont want to show branch Profit / Loss  in HO account. I just want to show P/L seperately for each branch. Please give me a solution to this.

Replies (2)

In your case most simple solution would be as follows

  • Treat each branch and HO separate from each other. open separeate company for HO and each branch in tally.
  • HO Company will have a separeate Ledger A/c for each Branch. similarly each branch will have a ledger A/c for HO.
  • Each branch will also have ledger A/c for other branches with whom it transacts. 
  • Book entire Purchase in HO
  • Book Branch transfer as Sale in HO and Purchase in Respective branch.
  • Book Sale from each branch in the respective branch.
  • Also Book transactions between Branch & HO AND Inter Bracnh transaction appropriately.
  • Petty expenses of Branch can be booked at respective branch.

If the branch transfers treated as sale than the turnovers will be increased,  than how to show in income tax returns

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details