Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Article-CA Final)     15 November 2008

Articleship

Hi der,

My question is especially for those pursuing CA.I want to ask tht do u think articleship is tht important tht one shud start compromising studies for tht.U very know tht CA Final exams are very tough to crack in one go.So wht do u all sugest tht how to manage time for both studies n training?Isnt it tht so tht tomw whn I complete my CA n get a good job then learn everything.Now a days every company is putting in its best to train der employees?

8 Replies

BHAGYESH RAVANGE

BHAGYESH RAVANGE (C.A Job)     15 November 2008

From my point of view, one should give more attention towards their studies rather than giving more stress on articleship.

Praveen CP

Praveen CP (--)     15 November 2008

hi , its quite necessary to have a closer understanding as to how the finance industry works and also to understand the working of economy .. only when u apply various concepts of accounts or audit or tax , you'll be thorough with the practical application .. but care shd be taken while choosing a firm .. it shd have good clients and a balanced exposure at the same time , you shd get time for your personal life which includes exam preparations ...

CA Chaitanya

CA Chaitanya (PRACTISING CA)     15 November 2008

Its about managing time between botht the articleship and as well as preparing for the examination. Both are important for CA.

kckinn

kckinn (CA)     15 November 2008

I was also wondering how do people who are doing their graduation and articleship manage it ? They have to manage graduation studies, articleship and also prep for CA examination. Is it really possible for someone to do all this at the same time. And I was wondering about what the ppl here at caclubindia are doing, I mean are you guys doing grad, articleship at the same time by joining correspondence/evening college ?

RAKESH

RAKESH (Almost CA)     16 November 2008

tke care of your studies

Ruchika Gupta

Ruchika Gupta (Chartered Accountant)     16 November 2008

I think that there should be an appropriate balance between the two. If u will concentrate more on ur studies only, then u won't get the knowledge of practical aspects of what u actually read and study in ur books.
CA Trinath Galla

CA Trinath Galla (student)     22 November 2008

c Neha

noding is important over other

a theoratical study without practical knowledge, n practical with out theory............noding will benefit us.

we shld make both of dem balanced...........its upto self how we make it balanced...

in my view one who says dat we can gain practical noledg after passing CA final..........doesn have gud planning on their future n won think much practical..

so think balanced..

AllDaBest

Sandip Goyal

Sandip Goyal (Risk Advisor)     29 May 2020

Once you're done with your intermediate examinations, the next big thing on your list is Articleship. Non-CA students may address this as an Internship, which is okay, but there's a huge difference between the two. Internships generally last for about 2-3 months, before other professionals sit for their final placements. However, we as a CA Student are required to spend 2.5 years of our life (after clearing both or either of the two groups of intermediate) working for a company or a firm. This rigorous practical training ensures that only competent professionals carry the baton forward.

Although it may appear as a hectic phase for any CA student, but everyone undoubtedly looks forward to the articleship period. It not only bridges the gap between the designation of an "intern" to a "CA", but also lays the foundation towards you becoming a successful Chartered Accountant in life. It brings with itself immense learning and growth opportunities!

Here are some points I'd like to share with you all to make your articleship days better!

•RESEARCH WELL BEFORE YOU JOIN

One of the basic things you should know before starting with your articleship is what type of a company or a firm to join. Some students find it a tedious task and hence end up joining their own relative's firms. They may earn a good sum of money and a comfortable working environment there, but might lag behind on the experience front. Therefore, choose a place where you're treated as an intern who has joined to gain experience and not to munch snacks and text!

• STIPEND ISN'T EVERYTHING:

Another thing you should keep in mind is to not run after money. A firm which gives you 2-3k today can help you earn 2-3 lakhs tomorrow, courtesy- the knowledge and skills you learn over there. So, going for experience today will pave way for handsome money for you tomorrow.

•TAX/AUDIT- THIS IS THE TIME TO CHOOSE:

Articleship is the time when you get to work in both the fields. On one side where you're required to file the returns, on the other your boss can ask you to visit client places for audit. So do your office job with utmost sincerity so that it helps you know where your real interest lies and you are able to make an apt choice for yourself in the future.

•GIVES YOU A HANG OF HOW CORPORATES WORK:

Joining a firm for commencing your practical training might be the first time when you step on field to work. Here you'll get a glimpse of how people actually work in an office. It'll help you acquire a disciplined work schedule and learn the skills needed to become a true professional.

•SPEND MAXIMUM TIME WITH YOUR MENTOR:

Build a Guru-disciple relationship. You should always be open to learn new things from your mentor. Ask doubts, put up questions and take all sorts of learnings from his rich experiences that will help you tremendously when you get on ground and start your journey as a CA.

•BALANCE YOUR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE:

Remember that your three years of articleship may be the most important, but they’re not the only three years of your career. Learn when to work and when to relax. During your work, you may be asked to go above your capacity and here you should know where to stop and ease yourself. Ensure you spend some time with yourself, your family and friends and not just stick to books and files!

Articleship is the golden period in a CA student's career (at least mine was). How a trainee undergoes it, would have an impact on the type of CA he/she is destined to become. Therefore, take this not as a burden but an opportunity to learn and have fun.

Good luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register