Easy Office

Ama paper may 2017

Page no : 3

Sachin (a) (53 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Institute clearly knows what students skip generally. As I could say the Chapters skipped by many people are Standard Costing, Learning Curve Theory and Simplex in Linear Programming Problem. Today 3 simple questions were asked from this part only (not sure about the Simplex one). Usually all find AMA Part 2 say Operations Research easy. Today's question paper involved all conceptual understanding testing questions from Operations Research rather than the traditional simple questions from Study Material and Practice Manual. Questions from AMA Part 1 paper say Chapters 1 to 9 involved many new questions which could not be found in Study Material as well as Practice Manual. Even though found may be with some changes and not so complicated. Overall it was a very tricky paper setting. It was lengthy and needed quick presence of mind. The tricky paper setting was even done in Group 1 FR where the questions asked were those which students generally skip.

6 Like

Sonali (student) (114 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

How was transfer pricing question done.. I solved it like 120000/4=30000 units so 12000 units can be transferred at variable cost and in 15000 one you have add lost contribution for extra 3000...was it Ike this? And god knows what was to be done with 6lac hours for B -_- target cost was 60 and reduction was 63?
1 Like

m (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (188 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

what is the solution forthis practice but howww much to practice n from where to practice I did 70 sums from standard marginal n almost 20 sums from all small chips still found papers out of hand pls reply

Sonali (student) (114 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Paper was lengthy I attempted only 75marks..network question was such a time waste..it was designed to waste our time..a few questions were easy...and during exam time even easy seems tough when its unseen..u don't have time to apply concepts..some questions need to make u feel home.. overall lengthy
6 Like

Aswath Raman (Audit Executive) (285 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Umm.. Found the paper quite easy and well conceived. In fact a very well constructed paper to keep a check on the examinee. I had solved PM and Padhuka and have been trying for a couple of attempts now. It is true that the paper is lengthy, but I didn't feel utterly helpless. By the way, I see that it was tough for many of you. That keeps me pondering....
1 Like

S. Hrishi Kesan (Associate) (44 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Tricky paper or poor preparation I don't know .. maybe this is how it's supposed to be and I need to prepare better
2 Like

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86220 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

I also give paper.I dont clear CA
1 Like

Thomas (Student) (315 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

FR paper was really poor. IND AS - 52 marks, Valuation - 36 marks. 32 marks only from remaining chapters. But i agree, AMA paper is really good one. Easy paper for someone thorough with concepts. Only study material reading is required to do question 7, 1, 3, and 4. Thats 64 marks easy if thorough with concepts from study material. But overall the paper was even longer than usual i think.
1 Like

Aswath Raman (Audit Executive) (285 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Couldn't agree more, Thomachan!
1 Like

Anita Tiwari (article) (49 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Difficult and lenghty
1 Like

Barun Kumar (Audit Incharge) (87 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Bhai jo jo easy bol raha hey please share your roll no. In previous exam I got 55 but in this attempt struggling to get 40+

7 Like

S SOWNDARYA (Not applicable) (25 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Conceptual paper ! N lengthy too.. Theory questions for which our interpretation required, we might have given answers in general terms n conceptually we may have written correctly, but what if our answers doesn't match with the suggested answers given for correction , how r they going to evaluate it !! People correcting are all not going to be AMA professors.. Lil worried..

Studentsca (CA Practice ) (3577 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

I have seen many people who discuss the paper and give high five's outside exam hall claiming that they are sure of an exemption. They are usually the one who fail. (I am not talking about this paper)
1 Like

Akshay Desai (andheri) (222 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

Considering the 3 hrs time paper was vry lengthy. Even reading time was not sufficient to determine how to initiate. Ques were vry lengthy.
1 Like

Final Student (student) (94 Points)
Replied 11 May 2017

network question discuss ..how did u solve

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: