Easy Office

Am i really useless ?

Page no : 2

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 20 January 2013

Originally posted by : Sanjana

Thanks fr all ur replies n concern...!!

I know that i cannot be spoon fed all the time... i dun want them to do dat also...!!

I will learn , it mght take time but i will..!!

My only problem is that, since i have nil experience, i might not have covered every aspect of audit.... and when being questioned by my seniors related to the same, i dun have any answer coz i havent dealt with it... So i say i dun know or i havent covered it...!!

The I DONT KNOW is what is bothering them and creating a bad impression on me...!! 

I will learn dats not a problem, but expecting to know everything frm the beginning is what is pressurizing me...!!

What People are thinking abt you,Why is it Bothering...

Its Khudi..Call it Self,Ego for Good,Soul or What ever...

Alaama Iqbal Says

"Khudi( is something which u ve to answer for) ko kar buland itna,ki har Taqdeer Se pehle khudha Bande se Khud Pooche Bata teri Raza kya".

Identify the soul in you, of what u ve to do,to which u are answerable...

The Self/Soul in you is maker of following things-

Charecter-

Goal

Determation

Peace.

Success.

and What not !. for Good.

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 20 January 2013

Originally posted by : Anshika

Originally posted by : The Redemption

Depression..!

"Duniya mein Sab se Badha Rog ,kya kahenge mere baare mein Log".

i am Fighting this since long for reasons out of my control...

You are Far better ,don be depressed ,because life is Big game ,articleship is small issue and moreoever ,the problem u r dealing with is certainly in control.

I just wanna share some instance of my articleship period...

I had been to office ,on day 1....My auditor directed me to an audit...Na check list na kuch....

The situation worsened cos ,we had no other resource person other than me myself to do such kind of  work..So atleast the options to ask for others advice get eliminated...

Precisely i had joined a Firm ,where i plan the work ,execute and ofcourse Auditor is gonna see some minimal issues which dont carry any weight....on Signing! or approving...

it took a lot of pain every new assignment...

under such Circumstances,what are u supposed to do.

These are ur following Freinds.

1)internet a best source -for check list sort of thing.

2)The Great swami vivekananda Told..Study or get educated in such a way that,how things can be implemented practically...u need to think practically..wen u work ,for that u need to be conceptually strong...

3)unlike ur Firm ,my firm dint ve any resource person....u ve people in ur firm atleast whom u can call and ask for....but beware,u cant cant ask each silly thing...First apply ur mind,prepare what to speak vi a phone or whatever...u need to make them understand ur doubt..not beat around the bush.

4)As far as people thinking u don knw anything...if that is true i wanna congragulate you..Guess Why?

The great Kabir says-"Have Critics in your life,Because thats wat makes u grow".u have people to Find Faults in u for free of cost man...

Accept criticism-Be patient- tats how u will grow..

5)Confidence Comes from being open to the problem ,not knowing every damn thing.This opennes will come if u start think practically.

6)Don knw attitude with clinet- change it to " ill Let u knw Sir",research ,get ur specific doubts clarrified from seniors,without killing much of their time...

i don wanna u to sleep depressed....Cos u don ve to be,,,

What u r thinking is not Depression ,its struggle...

The Man Edison Failed thousand times ,He dint give up at the age of 67 ...He discovered Bulb...People criticized him...You are perhaps in ur early 20's who should be more depressed u or edison...

u ve Failed...But u r not a Failure...

Sleep...and say while Sleeping,ill strive to do better tomo..Say this everyday...

U got to be better...

How to be better..Strive!

The Great Henry wordsworth says...

"The Heights By great men reached and kept ,were not obtained by sudden Flight.But They while their Companions,slept were toiling upward in the Night"

"After Every hardship there is Ease"

There is no reason to be depressed....!

really impressive writing..nt only my friend who ws sufferrin frm the problem but othrs also who hd similar feelin will b motivatd wid ur words... i'm 1 of dem..

really appreciate ur thoughts...

Thanks.Even if one soul i ve motivated.i make my writing count.

Hitesh Khanna (Accounting & Finance Taxation Company Law Audit )   (839 Points)
Replied 20 January 2013

I must admit its an opputunity. and very few have the kind of luck you have

Well try this out

Take a paper and start making a list

the first list -

1. what are the areasof work  that you have learnt/ come accross well so far

2. now out of those try to mark out the areas which make u nervous or you think that  you still need to know about it more.

3. Take one Topic at a time and write down your doubt/ question u want to know about that topic

4. After completing the above threee steps you will realise  where are u standing right now.

Good Bless !!

try to work on them one by one 

1 Like

Bala (Student) (498 Points)
Replied 20 January 2013

"I DONT KNOW ANYTHING AND I DONT WORK AND THAT IM USELESS"

Even i felt the same sme three years ago..have little patience..carry on your hard work..time will change..all the best..

meenakshi (CA final student) (83 Points)
Replied 21 January 2013

Hi dear,

Dont worry.......Life does not end here........ It has to go further.......... Your depression is because you have expected a lot from the work you did and it went towards the other side of your expectation....... To be frank you cant concentrate in any studies right now with this mentality......... just relax yourself with wat you like the most. Think of things you have achieved so far in your life time. .......

Make up your mind to not think of this matter for a minimum time..........

Problem faced by you is just because of experience which you were lacking ( this is common to all first year students) ........... This is faced by every article who enters office with much expectations in mind and because of seniors who want to skip their work by alloting to juniors ( even after knowing that juniors cant handle this alone and need more experience to handle) .....

Think of the areas where you lacked and how you lacked ....... Try to attract your seniors to your side and make them your friends..... Try to know from them itself where you lacked; what they expected from you;

Mind it.....  it happens in every place..... Even i experienced the same when i was new to my office and my all my seniors went for exam leave..... even i was asked to do things which was not known by me....  I too suffered a lot...........

Dont worry... things will go fine in future... But at any situation try to make yourself update with the professional knowledge which is very much required for the next opportunity awaiting for you.................

All the best.... as someone said....... God has created you for something; try to be a good senior if not a good junior....... learn more things and teach more to your juniors............

srikanth (Accountant) (611 Points)
Replied 21 January 2013

Hi,

No one is Useless but are Usedless..

Check this Video might Inspire you

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=428270363910338

Anil kumar D.V (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (267 Points)
Replied 21 January 2013

madam, its your only life so you only come out from this depression, everyone can give suggesion but you and only YOU CAN MAKE DECISION about your life, how it should be.

vishal makhijani (B.Com) (56 Points)
Replied 21 January 2013

Depression..! "Duniya mein Sab se Badha Rog ,kya kahenge mere baare mein Log".

Aap unke negative views ko itna importance kyun de rahi hain. Aapko pata hai ki aapne apna kaam poori honesty se kiya hai then why to worry about others who don't know how you did it? Abhi bhi aapko jo bhi kaam diya jata hai us par acche se concentrate karo bas aur jab wo aapki us kaam mein performance dekhenge to wo khud hi apni fault realize karenge. Aur haan everbody is not perfect aur sabkuch itni jaldi bhi nahin seekha ja sakta. Don't worry everything will be allright.

vishal makhijani (B.Com) (56 Points)
Replied 21 January 2013

I must admit its an opputunity. and very few have the kind of luck you have Well try this out Take a paper and start making a list  the first list 1. what are the areasof work  that you have learnt/ come accross well so far2. now out of those try to mark out the areas which make u nervous or you think that  you still need to know about it more. 3. Take one Topic at a time and write down your doubt/ question u want to know about that topic 4. After completing the above threee steps you will realise  where are u standing right now. Good Bless !! Agree with Hitesh ji.

If they ask you anything and you say that I don't know. Just note down that point which you don'ty know and work on it and ya You too don't think that only by doing one Audit you will be able to know each and everything just concentrate on what you are doing right know. Our Good Wishes are with you.

bhuvana (Accounts) (150 Points)
Replied 22 January 2013

Hi Sanjana,

Remember this quote always !

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Consider  ur failure as ur stepping stone. No instruction is left untold over internet. If u hv not been provided with a checklist, first refresh yourself with “HOW TO CONDUCT AN INTERNAL AUDIT”.

1. Get details about the Comapany you are about to  audit as to what their business is – source of income and application of money.
  2. Who all are the authorites to spend the money.
  3. Take one Book at a time, say CASH. Since you are doing quarterly audit, no. of vouchers will be comparitvely less. When checking the Cash book with the vouchers given to you,
  1. Check if all vouchers are available and choronoligcally  and  serially numbered.
  2. Check if all expenses/income are relevant to the business carried on.
  3. Check if abnormal exp/income has been approved by the right person..
  4. Check if they have been taken to relevant account heads..
  5. Check if a particular exp is a mere purchase or Capital Expdr... like wise keep going. Once u get a clue, u can automatically proceed....After all these stages, u will get to learn preparing financial statements.

Auditing is not that tedious at all Sanjana....if you are allowed to go through the entries in the computer, do ledger scrutiny. For eg. Take sundry creditors, check if there is only credit balance for all parties. If any body has a debit balance.....pose questions...dont let them unless they give u a satisfactory reply. Otherwise, note it down and inform your Auditor as your observation. Try not to give them a chance to question you...dont allow them to think that you are a dunce. Be confident with what you are doing. For that u need to do some ground work and you are capable to do it.

Though auditing isnt my profession, i hv handled audit queries  continuously for almost 5 years. Now am working in a different concern where am doing internal audit though not professionally, but to keep our books correct.

Therez nothing to be scared or worried about it... as some one has quoted here, nobody is useless, but used less...u r unique, there can never be another sanjana like you... If you can, jus go thru the earlier audit reports done by your collegues, if you have any doubts get it clarified.  This way get ready to say “I CAN/WILL DO THE NEXT AUDIT”....All the best Sanjana..opportunities galore..dont worry

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: