Advices for Female students doing CA

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)

20 June 2009  

Students....

I'm done for a considerable time my postings in articles section but in this forum section, I want to give one final forum discussion.This is based on some perturbing,sad,suicidal PMs I got from female students pursuing the course.

This has impelled me to type this forum discussion thread.

I entreat even males to participate in this discussion in an open-minded fashion so that they are aware of what women face(many males despite all the exposure are ignorant) and would be better humans in the future.

Frankly speaking, I should not be doing this because Im not a woman, it would bring guffaws if my friends hear or see what Im doing or it would stir a hornet's nest

Technically speaking anyone can, why even my dear Android from the planet in Andromeda can do it!

Humanatarianly, speaking one member from the perpetrator of all atrocities against this s*x(women) must speak up and help them.

Since on 2 counts to 3, the odds are in my favour I care a fig and I start this sensitive topic.

It is going to be an itemized list in the usual "Vidhyashankar" style.

Indian women CEOs who made us proud

1. Girls, you all are doing a great job, juggling your studies,articleship,surly male bosses(mostly I mean,given the lower percentage of female practicing CAs) in a predominantly male dominant soceity with various stereotypes and stresses.I have to bow down to you all.Kudos!

2. You all need to be mentally strong, "your mind gives in and your body gives in", this is a military principle.Chanukya in his Chanukya Neethi says women have 6 times more daring than men and 16 times more intelligence than men.(Going by the number of male members behind women this seems to be the case.That was a stale joke, laugh if you want to!).Only, that women are supressed or have conditionings brought about by the soceity or tradition which keeps them silent.

3. Indian women are no less than their western counterparts.Even genetic studies have proved and debunked many myths in this regard.So, you all have an equal chance to clear this exam, if not a greater chance.

4. It is a myth which has been debunked that women cannot handle maths or problematic subjects like Accounting or Costing.Most probably these myths have been propogated by the males(count me out of it, ok? Hehe! I promise I will be good)

5. Do not fear any male domination and surly behaviour by bosses.One girl by name Priya openly has come out in the forum and I have adviced her,please see those comments.Anything happens in that range, take proper action and dont leave the culprit.

6. Study without distractions.Be firm if parents pressurize you for marriage or the kind.Tell them that you would like to finish this course(which is not a distant possibility but one which is feasible easily if one follows what I have said or chalks a neat strategy).

7. Be independent in thinking and action.

8. Take care of your health,especially during those days of the month.Because the articleship work would tax you and you would have no time to take rest at home like other women who stay at home.

9. Take supplements especially Calcium supplements as women from 20s on who work would lose heavy amounts and would lead to many problems including the dis-efficiency of the brain.(However, please do not take my word and check with a doctor prudently before you pop-in the next sandoz calcium tablet)

10. If you are married and doing this course, my hats off to you once again!! because it is really difficult to do it.I got one PM from one married lady doing this course and she complains of callous inlaws and her inability to handle her child(ren) alone.Apparently her husband is also working.But she is determined to complete the course.Im sure she will more than anyone else.

11. Do not waste time in girlie time-guzzling pursuits of any sort.(Now, I would say to males "boyish pursuits")

12. Know your mood swings which happen every month or so(with upping and falling of the oestrogen levels) and cope with  the stress with it.You have to recognize this cycle as this is as unique as the menstrual cycle and this is what determines the mental health of a woman.Taking good food and lot of fluids during the trough period helps.

(Boys who are reading this post--take note of this...maybe its best not to go with flowers to a woman who is in her mood-down!...Go figure!)

why_men_dont_listen_and_women_cant_.jpg image by WeR1Family

(This book deals with the traits aspect scietifically whatever be the quirky title)

13. Have a talking partner,preferably another female doing the course but dont have a female partner who is talkative but not helpful for the course! You need to talk it out to relieve the stress and this is brainwired as per scientific studies.

Men on the otherhand need scientifically silent friends.When they say we will have a silent lunch, they mean it.

I look quite talkative on forums but most of what you see as words is my inner talk in mind, else Im a silent type of male.

So, this would mean, do not judge any male by the emails they write or chat sessions and run behind them for dates.This does not mean you neglect eligible bachelors like me! ;)(Im a good conversationalist, as I listen a lot! haha!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these observations made above is after careful perusal of my friends(females),what I have read from books and magazines.One need not be a female to know about a female, all those are mythical sayings from prehistoric times.

I might not have covered everything or given some stale unlaughable jokes here and there and maybe someone can add to this forum thread and continue the discussions here in this thread.The moreone discusses the more one gets ideas and more the brain keeps ticking better.

Wishing all the women in this forum all the best.

"Yatra Naaryaaha Poojyanthe' Tatra Thisthanthi Devaaha"

(Where women are held in high esteem, there reside the Gods)

Dilse,

Vidhyashankar