a sweet little but incomplete lovestory

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)

03 December 2010  

FIrstCrush.jpg

The story is about two teenagers - Soham and Riya

They are next door neighbours .

Riya ' a charming, pretty girl of about 15 yrs; she is friendly but sometimes can be little shy, a bit introvert but when she opens up she charms all with her lovely smile. She is serious about her studies but then doesn't mind going for a movie a week before her final exam.

Soham ' good looking , charming guy of about 20 yrs., very popular wth his friends , a bit extrovert, he prefers sports than studies ,

Soham and his family shifted to the neighborhood some 2-3 yrs. back but Riya hardly noticed him . Soham was passionate about cricket and that's how it started.

There was no playground nearby ; Soham and his friends used to play cricket near her house. Riya used to watch the game just out of curiosity but gradually her interest started shifting from the game to this specific guy. Sometimes he would look up and their eyes met . It was a strange and sweet feeling for Riya . Sometimes there was a hint of naughty smile playing on his lips when he looked towards her.

That evening there was a power cut in the locality. Riya was standing beside her window when he saw Soham passing by , suddenly he stopped and looked towards her . Then he took out a piece of paper and passed it through the window. . Riya was so stunned that she couldn't react for a second. She opened the folded paper with trembling hands. Her first love letter .. It read like this ..

'Dear Riya,

I am feeling nervous writing this letter but couldn't resist myself also. I see u everyday when u are going to school , when we are playing cricket near your house. I like you very much and think I should tell you. If you also feel the same about me , pl . reply back .. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply. '

Riya was feeling nervous but happy at the same time; she couldn't believe Soham had written the letter for her. She must have read the letter some 50 times. He has asked for a reply , but what to reply she was wondering !!

She wrote several letters addressing him but all were appearing stupid ;then around midnight she could somehow managed a reply .

'Dear Soham,

Thanks very much for the letter ; frankly speaking I was not expecting this letter from you but then I feel very happy to receive it. I like u too and let me tell u that you play good cricket. I feel bad the days when I don't see u .. Please reply me soon . '

Thus the crush started . There were frequent exchange of letters , sometimes stealing quick glances . It was like living in a world of their own .. a world of fantasy !!!

It was a pleasant Sunday n Riya was nervous since morning. She was going to meet Soham today n she cudnt decide wat to wear for the occasion. She had already made several frantic calls to her best friend Aditi to discuss abt the serious issue J Finally she settled on a reddish brown skirt n golden yellow top ,hair tied into a ponytail ..the mirror told her she was looking pretty !!

Soham was waiting for her when she reached . Their eyes met n she was blushing ; Soham was wearing a blur jeans n off white T-shirt n Riya thought he was looking very charming . He smiled n said ,'Lets seat somewhere; wat u say ?' Riya nodded with a smile.

The coffee bar was quite ordinary;in fact Riya often ventured there with her friends or sisters but today the place ,as if , appeared different to her !!

'Wat would u like to have ?'

Riya was feeling too shy ,somehow managed to answer 'Anything .watever u like '

' Icecream ?' a somewat naughty smile playing on his lips as if knowing that girls usually prefer that .

Riya nodded with a smile.

Afer giving the order, Soham looked towards her , a direct glance ,as if studying her .

'U looking pretty !!'

Is it a compliment or he is flirting ??

Riya looked into his eyes n decided may b he was telling the truth .

'Thanks

'I always wanted to meet u .. that's true '

'Me too .'

Soham mostly carried on the conversation; he was quite funny n witty n Riya was enjoying his company . He even talked abt some of his previous girlfriends like his friend's sister n then abt that girl whom he met during their Darjeeling tour. Riya was feeling a pang of jealousy when he was talking abt them , though she maintained the pretty smile throughout.

The evening ended with a pleasant note n with an unuttered promise of continuing the relationship .

Since then 2 months had passed; Riya got busy with her final exam n Soham also became quite irregular with his matches. Sometimes she would see him n they smiled , a silent but understanding smile.

It was the last day of her exam n Riya was quite happy with her papers; she came out of the exam hall quite satisfied n then she saw him . She was quite surprised bcoz Soham had never waited for her near her school. 

'Hi !! u here ?? '

'Sorry Riya , had to come. Actually I m going away '

'Wat ?? Where ??'

' I got admission at Bangalore Engg College ; have to take admission by this month so we will be leaving by tomorrow. How cud I leave without telling u so sorry for coming here suddenly '

Riya couldn't believe wat she was hearing she wont b able to see him from tomorrow,she wont b waiting to catch a glimpse, those silent smiles, stealing glances

'This is for you ' Soham handed her a white envelope.

Riya was about to open it when he said ,'Pl. Riya don't open it now. '

They smiled n said Good bye , all the while Riya was feeling a lump inside her throat.                                               

Riya opened the envelope late at night while lying on bed. It was a beautiful card , the pic of a young boy n girl holding hands ,watching sunset .

'Dearest Riya,

Saying good bye is never easy specially to u ; I m sorry that I m going away without properly saying good bye . But I m sure u will remember me as I will remember u too n those sweet moments spent together , I will always remember ur innocence n ur sweet smile n ur shy glances ..

Pl. wish me good luck for my future .

I hate saying good bye so till we meet again ..bye

Soham'

Riya was crying , the lump she was feeling inside her throat since evening has turned into silent tears. The dark night n the dim moonlight remained the only witness to her pain .