Hello guys, i have few questions.
Would really appriciate if you can answer:
Here is my case:
I purchased a home for my parents in the year 2006.House is in Agra though i am residing in Noida.The home is in the
name of my mother. I took the home loan for that and my mother was the co-applicant in the loan. For the year 2006 to
2009 , I paid the EMIs' and fully availed the income tax rebate on principal and interst both.In the year 2009 i
foreclosed the loan.
Now i want to sold that home and have the following queries in this regard:
1) I came to know that if i sell the property within 5 years then the 80 c rebate will be reverted and will be added
in my income in the year i sell the property.But in my case the house is in the name of my mother so will it exempt
me from this clause if i sell the property?
2) If yes , will i have to bear the long term capital gain tax as well?
Thanks,
Asheesh

