Easy Office

[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

Page no : 7

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

@ jugal buddy im givin l1 this dec.... there are plenty notes available on the net.... google is ur frnd...

*PEACE*

Pucca Idiott (wannabe...) (148 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Anybody doing CFA in Mumbai and require Schweser notes can get it from here :

Laxmi Stationery and Xerox, Shop no.1, Opp. Rasraj Hotel, V.M.Road, Near Mithibai College, Vile Parle

02226104193/ 9892972395/ 9820541867

they also offer free home delivery.

NOT SURE WHETHER THEY GIVE L2 & L3 notes...

Zulfikar Surti (Student) (431 Points)
Replied 31 July 2012

Thank you very much Espionage for starting such a nice thread.

Well I want to know that is Maths a big problem in L2 & L3? or it is like L1?

Is class X maths enough? 

Replied 01 August 2012

@ zulifikar  buddy maths does make up a sizable portion of level 1 and level 2 syllabus but its not impossible.. amost all the material is self explanatory and u can easliy do it form the official books sent by the CFA institute..

a bit of hard work is required.but it will pay off very well. :)

*PEACE*

1 Like

Pranay agrawal (CA Final) (180 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

Hello Espionage,

I am in the final year of Graduation and left with the 2nd group of Ca final . I am looking forward to register for CFA level 1 for december 12 . I want to confirm that if CA is recognsed as Bachelor or Master Equivalent degree for CFA because i will be appearing for 2nd group this nov and will hopefully clear it in Jan 13 but i will be clearing my graduation somewhere in july so i wnat to confirm if i clear Level 1 in dec and CA in Jan then if i can register for CFA level 2 for june 13. Please Advice

Regards

Zubin Desai (..) (21 Points)
Replied 04 August 2012

Can cfa be pursued if u have not taken up graduation and have passed CA only ? Is CA considered equivalent to graduation as required by the CFA institute?  

Replied 04 August 2012

@ zubin no, u cumpolsorily have to be a graduate to enroll in the programme.. CA is a not a substitute for graduation...perhaps CFAI should change it.. :)

@ pranay u can reg for level 1 if u have completed ur second yr of grad but have not completed ur final year... but if u pass level 1 then u have to complete ur grad first to enroll for level 2.. and CA is not equivaent of graduation for CFA registering purposes..

*PEACE*

1 Like

dipak (branch incharge) (21 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

dear sir ,

wht will be cost for cfa level 1,2& 3 material for study at home & i want to study it before registartion &

& whr can i get it please provede me address& contact no

thanks

Replied 17 August 2012

@ dipak the offical cfa curriculum for all levels will be sent to u by the institute only when u register for a particular level.. u can check google for pdf versions of schweser(a prep provider) books for the cfa course....

but i would recommend that u register asap co u can save a lot of money plus u are under a psycological pressure to perform when u register so you woudnt waste ur money now would u.. :)

*PEACE*

Mishu Arora ( B.COM CA ( FINAL) CS (EXECUTIVE))   (43 Points)
Replied 18 August 2012

Replied 18 August 2012

@ mishu u are a confused soul it seems... i can bet that u did choose CS without a solid and well grounded reason.. mayebe u choose it because ur frnds were doin it or maybe course same hai ...:)

anyways its no use collecting hoardes of degrees.. no use at all and nothing is the best combination whatsoever..

if u really consider finance as ur girlfrnd and wife both :P then leave CA and join CFA and complete ur CA.. that is enough

*PEACE*

Mehul (Chartered Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

I come across through "Prep Provider Guidelines Program". Though it is optional at the time of registration, Can you Please Share some information about it like Benefits, Cost, etc. ASAP.

Thank You.

Replied 20 August 2012

@ mehul frankly speaking i dont know abt this prog.. i would recommencd stickin to stuidies and not diverging :)

*PEACE*

Munish Arora (B.COM,CA Final) (34 Points)
Replied 24 August 2012

weather i can skip  exam attempt of l2  after clearing l1 or l3 after clearing l2 (without paying exam fees)... 

aviral (article) (21 Points)
Replied 29 August 2012

hello sir,

i m a stuent of ca final nd b.com(a&f) from ignou...i wanna know whether i am egilible for cfa after completing 3 years of articleship..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: