Easy Office

[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

Page no : 8

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 29 August 2012

Hi Espionage,

Wanted to know where can I get the Schweser Study Material in Delhi for CFA Level 1 in Dec

Cheers!

Sheli

Ankit Agrawal (Student) (26 Points)
Replied 31 August 2012

@ shefali: though the question wasnt for me... but being a CFA student i would like to help u... ya u could get it in delhi... not the original(as they are much costlier) but the duplicate edition.. u can contact on 9911107020 for the books... if u want them in soft copy u can mail me on aagrawal116 @ gmail.com

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 01 September 2012

@ aviral u can only register for CFA after completing ur grad... no point to consider articleship here :)

@ sheli contact this no.9868564114..jhawar bok depot near hauz khaz , new delhi.. they provide schweser books for Rs. 1200/-

@ munish arora.. no buddy u cannot skip any level.. and no exemptions as well.. :)

*PEACE*

Priya (Student/Article) (59 Points)
Replied 04 September 2012

Hi Espionage

I will be sitting for CFA in June 2013 (L1). I am from Kolkata. I need  some answers to a few questions as i am very much confused.

1) Will the CFA institute ship the study materials to me in my home or will i have to collect it from somewhere?

2)I am doing articleship...will i have to submit form 112 in ICAI to do CFA???

3)Also is the schweser notes available in india (prferably in kolkata?)? If so can u please tell me where? Cause if i order from their site they charge a bomb.

4) And lastly if self study is done from schweser notes and cfa institute study mat can we clear L1???

thank u so much in advance for all your help! :)

Ashish (student) (366 Points)
Replied 12 September 2012

Modify what shd i do? Hi I want to know whether i should join cfa or not. Actually i want to know many things. 1. Am i eligible for cfa level 1. Presently i am pursuing b.com 2nd year and will give the second year exam in may 2013. So can i give exam in june 2013 (level 1)? 2. I am also doing CA (chartered accountancy). I have cleared ipcc (intermediate level) this may (2012). So acc to that i have to go thru my articleship training which runs for 3 years. my final exam of ca is due on may 2015. So my preference is ca over cfa. But i want to do both. So if i give exam in may 2013 and pass on it, then at what time would i be able to give my level 2nd of cfa 3. combination of ca and cfa provides the job package of how many lacks? 4. what is the passing criteria of level 1 exam? I have heard that there are 240 questions in level 1 which are mcq based. So how many questions need to be correct for passing level 1. 5. i have also heard that some may provide the dummy circificate of work ex and thus i would then be eligible for l1, what is ur views abt this? Also if u want to give me any suggestion regarding cfa, please feel free.... My cell no: 8961672590

Read more at: /forum/what-shd-i-do--220059.asp#.UFC8h6AXHek

what shd i do?

Hi I want to know whether i should join cfa or not. Actually i want to know many things.
1. Am i eligible for cfa level 1. Presently i am pursuing b.com 2nd year and will give the second year exam in may 2013. So can i give exam in june 2013 (level 1)?
2. I am also doing CA (chartered accountancy). I have cleared ipcc (intermediate level) this may (2012). So acc to that i have to go thru my articleship training which runs for 3 years. my final exam of ca is due on may 2015. So my preference is ca over cfa. But i want to do both. So if i give exam in may 2013 and pass on it, then at what time would i be able to give my level 2nd of cfa
3. combination of ca and cfa provides the job package of how many lacks?
4. what is the passing criteria of level 1 exam? I have heard that there are 240 questions in level 1 which are mcq based. So how many questions need to be correct for passing level 1.
Also if u want to give me any suggestion regarding cfa, please feel free....
My cell no: 8961672590

what shd i do?

Hi I want to know whether i should join cfa or not. Actually i want to know many things.
1. Am i eligible for cfa level 1. Presently i am pursuing b.com 2nd year and will give the second year exam in may 2013. So can i give exam in june 2013 (level 1)?
2. I am also doing CA (chartered accountancy). I have cleared ipcc (intermediate level) this may (2012). So acc to that i have to go thru my articleship training which runs for 3 years. my final exam of ca is due on may 2015. So my preference is ca over cfa. But i want to do both. So if i give exam in may 2013 and pass on it, then at what time would i be able to give my level 2nd of cfa
3. combination of ca and cfa provides the job package of how many lacks?
4. what is the passing criteria of level 1 exam? I have heard that there are 240 questions in level 1 which are mcq based. So how many questions need to be correct for passing level 1.
Also if u want to give me any suggestion regarding cfa, please feel free....

5. i have also heard that some may provide the dummy circificate of work ex and thus i would then be eligible for l1, what is ur views abt this?
My cell no: 8961672590

Replied 17 September 2012

@ priya 

1. they will ship the books home within 10 days

2. ur wish.. :)

3. get schweser notes from laxmi xerox in mumbai.. google for their number..

4. self study is enough..ull clear.. dont worry.. :) god bless

@ ashish

1. no ur not eligible for cfa level 1 unless u clear bcom 2nd year.. and if u pass level1 then u have to first clear bcom final year to register for level 2. :)

2. first clear bcom then think abt the rest dude. :)
god bless

*PEACE*

1 Like

Aanchal (accountant) (48 Points)
Replied 17 September 2012

Hey guys,

I am a final sutdent and i will be appearing for CA Finals in nov,13.

I am also planning to register for cfa level 1 soon.

My query is: is it madatory to take a permission  from ICAI for pursuing cfa??

whats the procedure? 

Pls help

Pucca Idiott (wannabe...) (148 Points)
Replied 20 September 2012

@ Priya You can find the details of Laxmi Xerox on pg10 of this thread.

Replied 30 September 2012

Bump bump.. :P

*PEACE*

HIMANSHU JUNEJA (STUDENT) (30 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

what r the major papers in this course?

like ICAI for ca, wgich body gives degree for this course??

Replied 11 October 2012

@ himanshu.

1. Read all the pages in this thread.
2. CFA Institute in the USA gives the charter, no the degree   ..  :)

*PEACE*

1 Like

Replied 26 October 2012

Admit Cards are now available for dec 2012 exam...

*PEACE*

Anup Viswanath (Equity Advisor) (21 Points)
Replied 01 November 2012

Hi espionage,

If we register for Level 1 exam in June 2013 by paying Program Enrollment & Exam Registration fees and if we coudnt clear the exam so what would be the fees we need to pay to take up the exam in Dec 2013 , Is there any exemption in the fees if we take up the exam again in Dec 2013 ??

Replied 05 November 2012

@ anup sir you would only need to pay the exam fees next time., 

*PEACE*

Anubhav (Chartered Accountant) (429 Points)
Replied 16 November 2012

dear espionage

i want to know the prospects of a charter holder in us uk and other parts of world. Also want to share that am a bit excited about trading and stuff like that. exclusively doing a job is not my type. i want to be a proprietor, either a consultant or something like that. currently am doing ca, stuck in the last level, of 4 papers and want to move on in life. Suggest. and pm me some of ur details , as what are u doing currently so that communication can proceed and i will be more comfertable in relying on u.

anubhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: