Easy Office

[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

Page no : 6

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 11 July 2012

crossed 1000 views ...yooooooooooo

long way to go..

*PEACE*

BRINDHA.K.R (Audit Assisstant) (50 Points)
Replied 16 July 2012

Hi. I need a clarification on exams schedules. Say I am registering for level 1 exams by this july end 2012 and i am eligible for level 1 exams only by June 2013. I am not clearing June 2013 exams, in this situation i will have to register again by end of July 2013 and take exams only on June 2014. I am right?

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 16 July 2012

Hi Espionage,

I am going to register for L1 in a month. But before I plunge into it, I want to weigh my logistics. In the process, I need to decide if I have enough time to prepare for the same since I am into full time employment. Can you please mail me some study material/ mock tests so that I can see how much efforts I need to put in? 

My e-mail ID :  sheli.sehrawat @ tcs.com, sheli_sehrawat @ yahoo.com

Cheers!

Sheli

Pucca Idiott (wannabe...) (148 Points)
Replied 16 July 2012

@ Brinda when you register in July, you will be eligible for December 12 attempt and God forbid if you fail to clear in December, you can again register for June 13 and so on. Level 1 exams are conducted twice in a year and L2 and L3 once.

BRINDHA.K.R (Audit Assisstant) (50 Points)
Replied 17 July 2012

thank you

Replied 18 July 2012

@ brindha  i agree with pucca idiot...

@ sheli  atleast 3-4 hrs daily is required and atleast 6 hrs on sat and sundays.... the course is not that simple, niether qualitatively nor quantatively...... fra is most daunting..

*PEACE*

Replied 18 July 2012

Anyone of you who have heard about SIB- School of Investment Banking and Equity Research, I heard they train the aspirants for Job in the field of IB and Eq.R and they have got a record of around 90% placements. If you guys have any idea about this please let me know.

Replied 19 July 2012

@ pucca idiot.. dude these course just suck ur money... the max ull get after completeing their course is a job in er or analyst at a boutique ib... forget about bulge bracket banks..get into iim/isb if u want to get there..

*PEACE*

lakes.spinyroses (student) (30 Points)
Replied 23 July 2012

Can you tell the last date for registration if i want to appear in dec 12....i read somewhere that we must b registered before 9 months.....

Replied 24 July 2012

12th Sept is the last  date. However if you are sure for the Dec attempt you should register yourself by 22nd Aug, or the fee amount will increase. Here this ll help you.  https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/process/fees/pages/index.aspx

Replied 24 July 2012

can you tell me where i can find the institute branch in mumbai?how do i register?

Replied 25 July 2012

please tell me how do i register?first i create an account......then?where do i go for enrolling for the exam?

also pleaseconfirm if these scholarships offered are in addition to the discount in the fees.....

Jugal Mansharamani (c) (83 Points)
Replied 26 July 2012

hi every1...was just contemplating on an issue.i have heard there isnt any value adition till u complete the level 3 of cfa,wereas the level 3 is really tuff & hardly people pass ,or they leave it mid way bczz of office or other reasons...can u help me with some facts.

1) is there any value addition wrt to completing level 2??

i am wrkng fr a commodity exchange in bombay!

Replied 26 July 2012

@ lakes.spinyroses ...  registering on the cfa site is intutive.. all instructions are clearly given on the site.. instructions are too long to be posted here..

@ jugal CFA level 2 is the real deal... pass the l2 and u can bag decent jobs... level 3 is no doubt tough.. but from what i have read on the forums level 2 is the real deal....quitters never win and winners never quit.... simple as that...

*PEACE*

Jugal Mansharamani (c) (83 Points)
Replied 26 July 2012

do u have any notes for  cfa? which level r u giving?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: