[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

@ shanky check out the official site of GARP

https://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program.aspx

*PEACE*

hi...

I want to join CFA but only problem is having no knowledge in the field. I kindly request you to please throw some light on CFA course.I am a beginner & and just given exam of part III B.COM(P) from DU(School Of Open Learning) and in Final year of CA, having attempt in Nov-13. I wnt to know each & every thing about it as i am keen to go to abroad and earn butter & bread there.

Please help me out. Thanks & Regards In advance.

Waitaing for your quick & precious reply.

Thanks

espionage ,

 i have checked dis site,but the things"s

i want more clearity about dis course

lyk advanatge,,effort,fees..procedure,pckges,,,etc,,

@ tushar buddy check the whole thread... re read all the posts all your queries have been answered.

@ shanky 
1. fees  - 
https://www.garp.org/frm/exam-overview/fees.aspx
2
. advantages - https://www.garp.org/frm/career-benefits.aspx
3
. roadmap - https://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program/program-roadmap.aspx

 

also check this - https://www.edupristine.com/courses/frm/
a
nd this is pretty gud too - https://www.slideshare.net/edupristine/about-frm

*
PEACE*

thanks mr SPY (espionage)...

i will be in touch with you....thankzzzzyes

@ tushar anytime bro.


*PEACE*

Dear Espionage,

First of all Thanks for a wonderful thread with loads of information on CFA.

I am a CA working in a construction company in Accounts Department. As of now I am thinking of taking up some value addition courses for my growth. After gathering information about various options available, I have finally landed on two options:

  1. Diploma in IFRS
  2. CFA

In this case, I would like to have your opinion on the following:

  • How much time I need to give for a thorough study of CFA Level I? I can give max. 3 – 4 hours a day for the study.
  • Will the study material of CFA institute enough for cracking CFA Level I?
  • In cumin dec. 2012, I can take either CFA Level I or Dip. IFRS. Which one you suggest to take up first?
  • I am considering Dip. IFRS only because right now I am working in Accounting Field and with these exp. And dip. In IFRS I can attain better position.

Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

@ hasan well buddy ur answer lies in the fact that whether u want to jump fields and move in to finance(banking, investing etc) from accounting or not.. if yes the CFA is pure gold.. if not then dip IFRS wold be a fair choice but do'nt limit urself here .... do CPA from us as well if time and funds permit.. else a diploma in IFRS is fine...just to tell u CFA level 1 and level 2 also has a great deal of IFRS and US GAAP..

Answers to ur questions.

1. 3-4 hrs for 4-5 months  would just be enough.
2. Study materail is enough and is in great detail... must read.
3. again the answer is if u want to jump fields or not..

any more questions are welcome.

*PEACE*

Thanx bro....

One more thing to confirm that it means i dont need to buy schewer notes or somethng else for level 1...

Thanx 1ce again.....

@ hasan buddy u can study from schweser notes but i suggest u study from the offical CFAI material... schweser notes are just a short form of the offical CFAI matereial and nothing else.
U can just buy the schweser secret sause as it will help u to revise the vast and overwhelming syllabus on the exam day.. secret sause is a just a summary book of all the schwesr books..

*PEACE*

close to a 100 views ..yooooooo....... long way to go neverthelss..... keep comin in with ur doubts....

*PEACE*

hello 

I am a CA and currenty working in a Big4 in audit field. I was concerned about the 4 years experience reqd in CFA. .It has just been 4 months since I joined here. Lets say I clear my exams in 2 years but still would be somewhere lacking for not having 4 years experience as reqd.. .

@ yashica .. i dont think lacking would be the correct word .. 4 yrs of investing /fianance releated expierence is required to get the charter after u pass the exams.... so if u dont have the exp u would still be practically a CFA if u have passed the exams.... so u can venture out in the different fields ........ 

*PEACE*

in context of CFA ,charter means what ?? the degree?

of course ma'am .. even the CA is not a degree ..u are awarded a charter when u complete CA programme.. not a degree, not a diploma or any other certification fot that matter...

*PEACE*

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details