MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the …………., 2016
G.S.R. – In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Director(Systems) and Additional Director(Systems) in the office of the Directorate of Income Tax (Systems), namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Directorate of Income-Tax (Systems) [Director(Systems) and Additional Director(Systems)], Recruitment Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application.- These rules shall apply to the posts specified in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Number of posts, classification, Pay Level in the Pay Matrix. - The number of post, their classification and the Pay Level in the Pay Matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit and qualification etc.- The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. Disqualification. - No person, -
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage, with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Power to relax. - Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7 Savings. - Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxations, age limits and other concessions required to be provided for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Ex-serviceman and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
Please refer to the attached file for details