Reporting of OTC transactions in Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Commercial Papers (CPs)
July 30, 2010
All Intermediaries registered with SEBI under Section 12 of the SEBI Act.
(Through the stock exchanges for stock brokers, sub brokers, depositories for depository participants, custodians for FIIs and FVCIs, AMFI for Asset Management Companies.)
Sub : Reporting of OTC transactions in Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Commercial Papers (CPs).
1. FIMMDA was requested by RBI to set up a reporting platform to capture all OTC transactions in CDs and CPs, pursuant to a decision to introduce a reporting platform for all secondary market transactions in CDs and CPs.
2. It has now been decided that all SEBI Regulated entities shall report their OTC transactions in CDs and CPs on the FIMMDA reporting platform within 15 minutes of the trade for online dissemination of market information with effect from August 16, 2010.
3. FIMMDA will issue detailed operational guidelines in this regard.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 11 and section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Corp Debt Market”.
Deputy General Manager
Tel : 022-26449754