INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP RETURN OF NET WEALTH (FORM BB)
(To be detached before filing the return in a paper form)
This form is to be filled up by all wealth-tax assessees [individual, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) or company]. This form is applicable for assessment years 2014-15 and subsequent years.
These notes are meant to help you in filling up this return form. They are not a substitute for law. Notes are given only in respect of items that need some explaining.
1. Every individual or HUF or company, whose net wealth exceeds the maximum amount which is notchargeable to wealth tax is obligated to furnish his return of net wealth.
2. This is an annexure-less return and shall not be accompanied by a statement showing the computation of the tax payable on the basis of the return, or proof of the tax and interest paid, or any document or copy of any account or form of report of valuation by registered valuer required to be attached with the return of net wealth under any provisions of the Wealth-tax Act, 1957. In case return is filed in paper form, all such documents enclosed with the return will be detached and returned to the person filing the return.
3. This return shall be furnished electronically under digital signature. However, for assessment year 2014-15, an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family to whom the provisions of section 44AB of the Income-tax Act, 1961 are not applicable may furnish this return in paper form. From the assessment year 2015-16 and subsequent assessment years, this return form shall be furnished by all assessees electronically under digital signature.
4. All Parts and Columns must be filled in the manner provided hereunder. If any Part or column does not apply, please mention NA (Not Applicable) and do not put any mark or symbol.
5. In case of return filed in paper form, if space provided under any item of the Return Form is found insufficient, then give the computation in respect of such item on separate sheet(s) using the columns indicated for the purpose under the said item in the Return Form and attach that to the Return. The sum totals of such computation done should be indicated in the columns provided under the relevant item in the Return Form. Similarly, any other information asked for in this Form, which cannot be completely furnished on account of paucity of space, may be furnished on a separate sheet.
6. Sections referred in these instructions are the sections of the Wealth-tax Act, 1957 and references to rules are references to the rules of the Wealth-tax Rules, 1957.
Please find the attached fileTags : Income Tax