The ICAI welcomes the liberal FDI Policy, listing of PSUs, liberal licensing policy for opening of banks and license to NBFCs to act as bank. The increase of minimum personal taxation slab of 10% up to Rs. 5.00 lacs will pave the way for better tax compliances and revenue generation for the Government. The introduction of SARAL II Form will enable the small tax payers to file their return without difficulty. The relief of Rs. 20,000/- under 80 CCE would suitably boost infrastructure sector while simultaneously providing tax relief.
- The ICAI welcomes the reiteration of timelines for implementation of the Direct Tax Code and Goods & Service Tax w.e.f. 1st April, 2011.
- The Budget has given some thrust to conversion into LLP without attracting Capital Gains Tax. However, the restrictions and preconditions may be reviewed to provide full benefit to the conversion of such entities.
- The marginal reduction of surcharge will give relief to corporates and partially offset the increase in MAT Tax from 15% to 18%.
- The thrust given on research and development by enhancing the weighted deduction is welcome since it will boost research activity.
- Relief has been given to the Real Estate Sector by extending period of the 80 I(B) benefits and rationalization of some of these conditions alongwith all other pending projects issues may be considered for the expected relief.
- Removal of genuine hardships in areas of TDS (such as S-40(a)(ia) disallowance) is welcome.
- Rationalization in areas of small charitable trusts and role of settlement commission is also a welcome move to reduce the litigation.
- The increase in Central Excise Rates by 2% would augment tax revenues while bringing convergence with GST rates.
- Procedural reforms in placing reliance on CA�s certificates for input credits, amendment in demand provision would reduce litigation and give widespread relief.
- Expansion of coverage, especially in health sector and retrospective amendment regarding renting of immovable properties and training may require reconsideration.
ICAI is glad that the Government has accepted the suggestions forwarded by the Institute in different areas.