The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, in its 400th meeting held on March 18-19, 2021 has announced that the scheme for applicability of Accounting Standards to Noncompany entities shall come into effect in respect of accounting periods commencing on or after April 1, 2020. Read the official announcement below:
Criteria for classification of Non-company entities for applicability of
The Council, at its 400th meeting, held on March 18-19, 2021, considered the matter relating to applicability of Accounting Standards issued by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), to Non-company entities (Enterprises). The scheme for applicability of Accounting Standards to Noncompany entities shall come into effect in respect of accounting periods commencing on or after April 1,2020.
1. For the purpose of applicability of Accounting Standards, Non-company entities are classified into four categories, viz., Level I, Level II, Level III and Level IV.
Level I entities are large size entities, Level II entities are medium size entities, Level III entities are small size entities and Level IV entities are micro entities. Level IV, Level III and Level II entities are referred to as Micro, Small and Medium size entities (MSMEs). The criteria for classification of Noncompany entities into different levels are given in Annexure 1.
The terms ‘Small and Medium Enterprise’ and ‘SME’ used in Accounting Standards shall be read as ‘Micro, Small and Medium size entity’ and ‘MSME’ respectively.
2. Level I entities are required to comply in full with all the Accounting Standards.
3. Certain exemptions/relaxations have been provided to Level II, Level III and Level IV Non-company entities. Applicability of Accounting Standards and exemptions/relaxations to such entities are given in Annexure 2.
4. This Announcement supersedes the earlier Announcement of the ICAI on ‘Harmonisation of various differences between the Accounting Standards issued by the ICAI and the Accounting Standards notified by the Central Government’ issued in February 2008, to the extent it prescribes the criteria for classification of Non-company entities (Non-corporate entities) and applicability of Accounting Standards to non-company entities, and the Announcement ‘Revision in the criteria for classifying Level II non-corporate entities’ issued in January 2013.
5. This Announcement is not relevant for Non-company entities who may be required to follow Ind AS as per relevant regulatory requirements applicable to such entities.
6. The changes arising from this Announcement will be incorporated in the Accounting Standards while publishing the updated Compendium of Accounting Standards.
To view / download the complete announcement, find the enclosed fileTags : icaiprofessional resource