Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, the 20thJune 2012.
Order under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961- extending due date for filing Form 49C for the Financial Year 2011-12 - regarding.
Section 285 of Income Tax Act and Rule 114DA of Income Tax Rules read with Circular no. 5 of 2012 dated 06.02.2012, prescribes that a specified categories of asses sees having a Liaison Office in India shall electronically file Form 49C, within 60 days from the end of financial year. The due date for filing Form 49C for the financial year 2011-12 was prescribed as 30th May 2012.
2. It has been brought to the notice of the Board that the appropriate facility for allowing the electronic filing of this form has not yet been operationalised due to technical difficulties and therefore the concerned assessees have not been able to make compliance within the prescribed date. In consideration of the same, the Board in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, has decided to extend the due date of filing form 49C for the financial year 2011-12, up to 30th September 2012.
3. The Board has further decided that for the financial year 2011-12, Form 49C can be filed in 'Paper mode' instead of filing it electronically with digital signatures. Such Form 49C (in Paper mode) should be sent at the following address by 'Registered Post' or 'Speed Post':
The Director General of Income Tax (International Taxation),
4th Floor, Drum Shaped Building,
I.P. Estate, New Delhi- 11002
The above may be immediately brought to the notice of the all concerned.
1. PSto F.M./ OSDto FM/ PS to MOS(R)/ OSDto MOS(R).
2. PSto Secretary (Revenue).
3. Chairman (DT),AllMembers, Central Board of Direct Taxes.
4. AllJoint Secretaries and all Cs.IT / Directors / Deputy Secretaries / Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
5. DGIT(Systems), New Delhi, for appropriate publicity by putting it on departmental website.
6. The C& AGof India (30 copies).
7. The JS& Legal Advisor, Min. of Law & Justice, New Delhi.
8. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi - 110003.
9. AllChambers of Commerce (25:2 ~
10. CIT(OSD),OfficialSpokesperson ofCBDT.