The Central Board of Direct Taxes is all set to launch a new E-Filing Portal on 7th June 2021. Thus, in preparation for the launch and migration activities, the existing portal will be unavailable from 1st June 2021 to 6th June 2021. Read the official circular issued below:
Subject: Launch of New E-filing Portal of the Income Tax Department - Non-availability of e-Filing services from 01.06.2021 to 06.06.2021 Reg.
The Income Tax Department is going to launch its new E-filing portal https://incometax.gov.in/ on June 7th, 2021. In preparation for this launch and for migration activities, the existing portal or the Department at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/. would not be available for a brief period of 6 days from 1st June to 6th June 2021.
Officers in field including AOs, CIT (A), PCIT interact with taxpayers through E-proceedings over the E-filing portal directly or through the NeAC/NFAC for:
- Issue of Notices, SCNs and getting response to various E-Proceedings
- Conducting of Video conference or adjournments
- Issuing Questionnaires, summons. letters etc
- Responding to E-Nivaran or Outstanding Tax demand etc.
- Communicating final orders in Assessment. Appeals. Exemption. Penalties etc.
Apart from this Officers access the F-filing portal to view ITRs, Statutory forms. MIS etc.
In preparation for the transition to the new system, the existing E-filing portal will NOT be available to both taxpayers as well as Departmental Officers for a period of 6 days from 1st June to 6th June 2021. Hence, it is requested that all officers may be immediately informed about this so that they may not fix any compliance dates during this period. All Officers may be directed to fix any hearing or compliances only from June 10th onwards to give taxpayers time to respond on the new system. If they have already scheduled any hearing or compliance which requires submissions online during this period, they may prepone or adjourn the hearing and reschedule the work items after this period, etc.
They may also view/ download any submissions in E-proceedings prior to June 1st and the PDF of any ITRs and non-ITR forms that may be needed by them in advance so that they can continue to work in ITBA system including completion of assessment proceedings where no further interaction with taxpayer is necessary. It is clarified that the ITBA system and the CPC systems will continue to function for assessment related functions. All Orders, notices issued during this period, however, will be made visible to the taxpayer only after the new portal goes live on June 7th 2021.
I would also encourage all Officers to complete all their urgent tasks involving interactions with taxpayers prior to June 1st to avoid the blackout period or typical initial teething issues in the transition. I would like to thank all officers for their patience during the switchover to the new E-filing portal of the Department and seek your good wishes.
Anu J. Singh
Principal Director General of Income Tax (Systems)
Central Board of Direct Taxes
To view the official circular, download the attached document
Some of the highlights of the new portal are detailed hereunder:
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly;
- Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR. Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021);
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for promt response to taxpayer queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
It is clarified that the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18th, 2021 after the advance tax instalment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience.The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features.Tags : income tax