wrong payment under penalty

I had paid a amount under the head penalty instead of Late fees..Later on I paid late fees and submitted the return...Now can this unutilised amount under the head PENALTY can be adusted agsinst any other tax liabilty of CGST and SGST...
Replies (6)
Originally posted by : Prem Kewalramani
I had paid a amount under the head penalty instead of Late fees..Later on I paid late fees and submitted the return...Now can this unutilised amount under the head PENALTY can be adusted agsinst any other tax liabilty of CGST and SGST...

 

Not adjusted 

It cannot be adjusted.


.....
Whether this amount can be claimed as refund.
It cannot be adjusted with CGST / SGST liabilities you have to claim refund of amount paid by mistake
Yes... I agreed with above said replies.

As per GST "Cash Payments" can't adjust it set off to other heads...

But,

You can claim it as Refund if it's above Rs 1000..
What is procedure for refund and within how many days does refund process takes and how it issued?
Please tell me sir???

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details