Wrong PAN Number in Form 16

Dr. Jones (Director) (253 Points)

07 February 2011  


One of my relatives was working in a private firm. He received his form 16 for last year's income from his previous employer. But in that form 16, the PAN number entered was incorrect.

What should be done to correct this issue? He is not getting any response from his previous employer. How should he file his return? Should he show the TDS done on wrong PAN number as his or what should be done?

Experts, please help.