Easy Office

Within 30 days I learned the definition of Articleship!

Page no : 4

Priya (student) (193 Points)
Replied 21 February 2014

@ CA Shivshankar Gupta

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Abhe tou chal rhe hai, manzil kafi dur hai :)

Replied 21 February 2014

@ Mairaj Hasan

Time management is the biggest thing, office made me learn too.

Mayank Mall (CA-Final) (316 Points)
Replied 21 February 2014

Well that's the part you have to prepare yourself, either work hard from the very start of articleship, or convince your principal to provide you a the perfect gap for studies....either way ofcourse it will bar you from the concentrated level of studying, yet that is a myth to believe that you are gonna prepare hard the 3years...so in all i think we do get enough time to study, all we need is to utilise it.

And, everyone's approach is different, so i cannot say much on this topic....thr r certain answrs you need to figure out urself afterall. For instance in my case, I am a self studying person, so i do try to open my books as often as i can and get to'em, however uptil now i haven't done much bt wasted time....still, am gonna get serious soon ^_^

Ankit (Student) (661 Points)
Replied 22 February 2014

Priyanka start taking initiative in ur office.. n work with responsibility.. thn sure this time will continue..

Sia (B.Com) (108 Points)
Replied 22 February 2014

Anyone working as an article in Big 4? How's the work culture there?

Replied 22 February 2014

@ Mayank Mall

As of now, I find it a bit tough to pursue studies properly alongwd articleship, though trying to manage!

Replied 22 February 2014

@ Ankit

Rightly said, but it isn't so easy do get work, especially when senior articles are there. Ol I can do as of now is to glance at their style of working ( provided the seniors let me do so).

Replied 22 February 2014

At office, it was a boring day today. Less of work in my hands :(

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 22 February 2014

Good to hear your experiences.

Try to learn every type of work which is available in your office.

While doing tax works, like filing of returns and preparing tax audit report, always pay attention to the laws governing the issues.

And I would also suggest you, when there is no work in office, pay attention to studies, you can read in office, or take leaves when there is no any particular work season. Balance your office and studies, this will not create problems for your CA final preparations. 

Good luck !

Replied 22 February 2014

@ Himanshu Bansal

Your advice seems really beneficial. Thank yu so much.

CA Saroj Kumar (Keen to learn something new every moments)   (2588 Points)
Replied 23 February 2014

Dear all buddies 

i am delighted to invite u people on my community which is created by me as" A corner for Studies of Chartered Accountants Students." So please buddies join right now and discuss all the thing comming ur minds, incidence happen with u a share ur personal experience here. 

/community/corner-for-studies-chartered-accountants--3223.asp#.UwnbOPmSzBI

Thank u so much all of u.

Replied 23 February 2014

Initially this happen.. since u r new to ur firm.. it will take time to absorb.. bt thn this also depend on u..how much u r friendly.. n how early u get into with peoples.. So.. n one more thing try to learn what ur seniors are doin.. if nt remembering then start carrying a diary n write down the points in that.. n never say no for any type of work in ur office..

Replied 24 February 2014

@ Saroj Kumar

Good luck!

Replied 24 February 2014

@ Ankit

Rightly said sir.Diary entries really help and I have been maintiaing it since the beginning. It helps in reviewin the tasks done of the clients for further referenceand recalling steps of any chronological procedure. Lastly, it gives a sense of accomplishment- " kuch tou ata hai" :p

Replied 26 February 2014

Indeed it is very useful for now also n for future also.. this will also help u while preparing ur CV.. as u can easily review what type of work u have handled in office.. n can show in ur CV.. These are small small things bt ya useful.. don't worry after sometime bht kuch aata hoga.. just be patient..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: