Who is your role model?

Well a couple of months back, I read an interview of Michael Jordan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan). And ever since then, he became my role model for my professional life (for my personal life role model, click here /forum/who-s-the-most-amazing-personality-you-ever-met-in-your-life--245539.asp) I would like to share a few things he said in that interview.

 

(Note: I couldn't find that article now; so I'm just recollecting what he said and writing down using my own words)

 

 

"When I was 16, I was kicked out of our high school basket ball team saying that I'm not good enough to play in their team. They said I'm just incapable to be a part of that team. I was so hurt by those words that I went straight back to my house, locked my room and broke down into tears for over 5 hours!!! I then realized that I may not be as smart or as talented my team mates are. But I can be more disciplined, more thirsty, more focussed, and more determined than anyone. If they practice for 6 hours a day; I'll practice for 16 hours a day. If they wake up at 6:30 in the morning, I'll wake up at 3:30 in the morning..............."

 

 

And today you can see where he is. He is considered as the greatest player in the history of Basket Ball!

 

 

 

Please share about your role model.

 

Replies (2)
My boss and my uncle(CA)
Originally posted by : Ganeshbabu K
My boss and my uncle(CA)

Hi Ganesh :) Thanks! But are they both the same person. And may I know why?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details